impatience with the weight loss but in it for life (i know it)

clouddog

Hi

I gave up everything with sugar in it on boxing day - including all the syrups and honeys and added sweet things, even as an ingredient (except i have mayonnaise, can't give up mayo... and if forced i will eat a fish cake with dextrose in it at my in laws)

I have lost 17 lbs but only one week of that was vlcd and the last 5 lbs have taken since mid Jan.

That is where the impatience is - i had a month at a standstill

here to reboost.

I never want to have any sugar again, I know it sounds mad but i ate sugar in the same way i smoked - (60 a day for a while) and sugar will kill me just as quick as tobacco.

I've had my sugar relapse many years ago - put on 2 stone in 2 months after 4 - 5 months off so i know it's not worth going back to...
like tobacco one hit and I'd lose all control

I was 13 stone 8 at my heaviest, with a suicidal one and a half stone weight gain over about 3 - 6 weeks.

I think i want to be 9 stone 1, i'm 40, i'm female, i'm 5' 4''

I agree with you on that. Its the sugar content of what we eat that is all the troubl, as it keeps the appetite going even when we've eaten enough.

I've put on 15 kilo over a very short amount of time, mainly down to stress related bad eating habits.

I just hit 110 kilo this weekend and decided to take charge and get back healthy.

I'm cutting out all sugary food, besides 3 fruits a day and commiting to 3 hours exercise a week.

I'll need to be so focused to turn around my bad lifestyle of no exercise and no eating control.

If you look on the forum "Challenges, Weightloss & Otherwise" and then the thread "How to give up sweets".

I've posted a couple of replies about the "Blood sugar cycle" and the "G.I. Index". This explains how we get sugar cravings and how to alleviate them.

I'm not trying to be a "know all". It's just both these subjects were covered in the talks on the "Fitfans" course I mentioned in my introduction thread.

The changes I made to my diet were based a lot on this information. It's worked for me so I can't recommend it enough.

I kicked the sugar too - and sugar substitutes as they have the same harmful effect on your body. Well done to you! Did you follow a program or just did it yourself? You do find that you can't eat ANYTHING packaged or processed right? I truly did not realise how absolutely everything has sugar in it!

Back