In a really bad habit

xxrebeccaxx

Silver Member
I've got myself in a really really bad habit of weighing myself daily! I do it on my electric scales then on my wii fit! I know it sounds sad but if I see a loss then I'm in a good mood and ready for the day! However, if it's the same or higher then before I'm peeved off and can't be bothered! But I just can't not weigh myself! What would u suggest! I've even gone as far as throwing the batteries out but I just go buy more lol!
I know if I wait then il see good results but i do it with realising!!
Help what ur advice?????

Hi Rebecca, I've done this before, and got obsessed, then failed cos I didn't think I'd lost!

What I've done is get rid of the scales, well put them in the attic anyway. I can still weigh myself at my mums, but generally tend to do it only on the day I wi anyway, that way I'm never disappointed!

I weigh myself every day. My husband thinks im obsessed but i honestly feel like it helps me. If i see that ive stayed the same it gives me a kick to drink more etc. obviously if its not working for u then get rid of scales completely

OscarsMum said:
I weigh once daily, but know that during the course of a week it will go up once if twice but mainly down overall on the week. There are days when we hold onto more water - as long as you can cope with that, then I say carry on. It keeps me on the straight and narrow!

I think the thing to remember is that scales can never tell you whether you've lost fat. They know what the total weight of you is at any one time - how much muscle, bone, flesh, fat and water there is. But they can't tell you that the reason you weigh a pound more at lunchtime than you did at breakfast is because you've just drunk a big mug of tea. :)

As a measuring tool, scales are very rough and ready devices - and therefore, they're not particularly useful on a daily basis when it comes to trying to gauge whether you've lost fat. They're designed more to show you the overall trend over the course of a week.

So if you're going to weigh everyday, look at the result more as a science experiment, rather than something that you live the rest of your day by! Use your brain instead of your scales! If you know you're doing the diet 100%, sooner or later the scales will catch up!

Look at what happened to me recently, lost only 1lb last week, but 5lbs this week!

I know personally for me if I had weighed myself last week, I would have been tempted to give in thinking its not working, when clearly it was. Generally I think of my losses over the month, as I know I fluctuate. I'm still loosing a stone a month.

But I know everyone is different and we all have things that keep us going, like some others have said, so it's whatever works for you!

Back