In need of a kick up the bum!

Kirstiemcb

Hi all

I started calorie counting in January 2012 when I weighed 19 stone, and I joined the gym in January 2013. Since I first started calorie counting, I've lost just over 3 stone. Over the past few months I just seem to be yo-yo'ing in between 15st4lbs and 15st10lbs!

My method has always been to stick to 1200 calories through the week and have 2000 calories Saturday and Sunday - its the only thing that keeps me sticking to it!

I go to the gym 4-5 times a week, usually doing an hours class each day and burning around 500-600 calories per session. On the days I exercise, I usually eat about 1500 calories.

Up to now, this has worked for me! At first, I took the old excuse "you're building muscle" and thats why I wasn't losing, but its now been 7 months and I would expect the scales to start showing by now! I've measured my waist and since January have only lost 4 inches - again this hasn't changed in the past few months.

I'm looking for something, anything, that might kickstart the weight loss again.

Its getting to a point where I'm finding it so hard to not give up, I just think what is the point! I'm starting to resent people who eat what they want, never go to the gym, and still remain thin!

I'm whinging, I know :(

I'd go with 1300-1400 calories in the week - dont eat back your exercise cals at all for a few weeks to see if that helps,
I'd also drop down from 2000 at weekends as that is quite a lot, especially if not exercising those days, that extra 1000 or so calories, especially if takeaways and sugary snacks etc, is probably going some way to undoing all your hard work during the week to slow your weight loss down.
Plateaus are pretty normal though, you just need to change it up a bit to keep your metabolism on its toes :) xx

Back