in need of cake!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by claira, 4 May 2011 Social URL.

1. claira

claira Member

hi i am new on here. Ive been doing swimming world online for 1 month but keep slipping back and really am trying to be good now. Does anyone have any low syn cake recipies that dont contain cous cous or loads of eggs please? x:wave_cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Hi,
    It will be worth looking through the recipe threads, however, to my mind low syn and cake are two things that don't go well together.
    Cake isn't designed to be low syn, and if you are a cake lover (as I am) then they just don't cut the mustard anyway.

If you want something sweet then try meringue nests with fruit and yoghurt but if you want cake, then use your syns and have the real thing.

Good luck searching the recipes - in fact someone has recently posted a scone recipe and a chocolate bun recipe which are worth a look.

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  5. mandy296

mandy296 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3.5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(23.89%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm glad its not just me - every cake recipe I've tried just doesnt taste right - even Britmums squidgy chocolate cake (and pretty much every other Britmum recipe I've tried has been delish!). I'm not great at baking anyway, but I do think sugar and butter is vital, sweetener and low fat marg just dont cut it!

Some of the other sorts of desserts arent too bad though, the cheesecakes/roulades/mousse/yoghurt/from frais type desserts etc work out okay.

And I love the 1 syn truffles and the HEB fruity flapjacks.

But as for cakes - I'll just buy some kipling slices to keep portions under control and syn it.

jaylou likes this.
  6. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Too flipping right girl!!!

7. Mizkirsty

Mizkirsty Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st9.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(16.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/Xenical/Cambridge diet
    There are recipes for chocolate scan bran cakes don't hav the link but take a search xx

8. Plumfoodie

Plumfoodie Paleo maintenance rocks!

Start Weight:
    200lb
    Current Weight:
    137lb
    Goal Weight:
    150lb
    Lost(%):
    63lb(31.5%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Primal diet + kettlebells
    Seconded!

9. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    I've just made a choc cake with bran flakes and eggs and choc highlights, its not too bad and fairly low syn

10. claira

claira Member

aw thank you so much guys. Sorry for the late reply it is taking me ages to figure out how to use this site but hopefully im getting there!! really appreciate ideas & responses x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.