In Search of the Skinny Girl - v4.7

joanna25

Silver Member
So. Here I am again.

The amount of times I've started these diaries and explained how I got fat blah blah blah is ridiculous. In short I blame it on an unfortunate working away lifestyle and an inability to resist temptation of "dirty" food.

Dirty. There's a concept. "Clean" eating is a real trend at the moment. I just don't think I could do that constantly though. All those converted talk about how it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle. This I agree with but the fear of god that I know is put into those that worship "clean" eating, when I suggest going out for tea is ridiculous. That's not a lifestyle I want.

I'm a girl that wants to lose weight (but let's face it what girl doesn't!) but I don't want to lose my social life and the things I enjoy doing.

After failed attempts at Slimming World (effective but got bored), Weight Watchers (starved myself) and IF (this lasted all of 7 hours before I ripped someone's head off and decided it was a shocking idea!) I've decided that good old fashioned healthy eating, a bit of activity, portion control and being a bit more conscious about what I put in my gob is the way to go!

I figure if I don't set myself strict rules about what I eat, I can't break them and consequently feel so awful I fall off the wagon. Here's hoping eh ;)

I'm also losing weight for charity. My friend is running the Brighton marathon next year for Joining Jack (a charity very close to my heart) and I told her I'd sponsor her a pound for every week she continued training. It's a year away.

But I've had a better idea. I'm going to match every pound I lose with a real life pound whilst she is still training and donate this every week (I'm skint this week though so gonna have a couple of maccies!! I joke....)

Anyway. Here it is. My bit of everything food diary :)

It would be great if anyone's along for the ride!

Very best of luck this time around :) I totally agree with a lot of what you say, i'm doing calorie counting because I find other diets too restrictive, if I tell myself i'm never having chocolate again I will invariably go out and eat two big bars in a row.
The charity thing is a great idea!
I'm going from 13st7lb to 9st7lb so quite similar goals to you :)

Hi :)

Yeah think we're half a stone out of each other :) I'm at 13 at the mo and want to get down to 9 st 7/10 ish. I'm little framed so I have far too much excess weight.

Good luck to you too :) I know exactly what you mean about chocolate though. I'm a massive boredom eater x

Well life got more ridiculous.

I signed up to born survivor.

For those unfamiliar it's a marine designed 10k assault course. I am going to die! My nose runs faster than I do!

I've been trying low carb and clean for the last few days...it's going well.

Yesterday's food diary:
B - porridge
Morning Snack - grapes
L - home made tomato soup
Afternoon Snack - banana
Dinner - steak salad

Also - did 25 minutes high intensity Zumba which was around 260 cals burned.

Today:
B - porridge
Morning snack - grapes
L - home made tomato soup
Afternoon snack - 30g air popped pop corn with a small sprinkle of sweet n lo

Dinner plans tonight include a salmon salad. Planning on having a banana skimmed milkshake as well after the gym. I have my induction tonight :)

So far so good! I've also upped my water intake and reduced my coke zero (my biggest vice) intake.

I'm trying and so far I'm so pleased with my success, it's enough to keep me motivated....

Back