In such a good place at the moment ..... but (always a but)

Thisismytime

so, I just had a great weekend, had a good loss so far, from my previous week weigh in. Didn't overeat at all over the weekend, said 'No' to all my usual weakness. Went for an hour and a half walking, did half hour swimming, feeling soooo motivated, so in control ..... WHY CAN'T I FEEL LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME!!!!:confused:

My problem, is as soon as TOTM arrives, a switch in my head seems to go on and I eat everything in site. Let down all my good work, then this can put me on a downer, last a couple of days, and all my hard work goes to bad! WHY!!!!!:confused:

So I need a plan in advance (seeing as though TOTM is about to happen any day now :((((().

I've been googling, searching forums etc for tips:

So far, I've read someone say, look at it as a passing craving, you know it's going to happen, so you also know it's going to past ... great advice (well, it sounds it, while I'm still in my 'good place' it does).
I've bought myself some hot chocolate sachets and mini bags of cookies, thinking maybe I can have a hot chocolate and 1-2 (calorie allowing) bags of cookies to satisfy my sweet tooth.

but as I say, at the moment, I feel strong enough to fight it, feeling good, confident, in the right head space .... just need to fight the switch.

Anyone else get like this, any tips?

Why can it be so damn EASY sometimes and so damn HARD other times. I really want to lose weight, I really do and when I'm feeling like this, NOTHING will stop me. Then that switch goes and I talk myself into starting 'tomorrow' or say things like 'hey I lost 4lb this week, I can do it again next week, if I put it back on, if I can just eat bla bla bla bla.

Thanks for listening, just need to vent, get tips, talk, listen lol

I think most people have these phases. Its whether you can get back into the good phase after a bad one that is important:) Everyone is different but I've found that if I am feeling a little unmotivated, buying a bag of mini cookies with the view of only eating 1 or 2 bags can be a BAD idea! Lol.

Good luck and don't beat yourself up too much about being normal ;)

thanks plums. I'm hoping it's not a BAD idea and that I can stop at 2 bags! lol

Back