In the Evenings

Chloemn

Hi everyone

I've recently started SW and currently weight 12st3- I am hoping to lose around 2 stone before my wedding in 6 months. Is that achievable?

I'm really worried I won't be able to lose it....I ended up eating well today until this evening were I binged out on biscuits! An hour before that I was snacking on veg sticks!

Can anyone offer me any advice? I know I need to drink more water. I'm struggling in the evenings. I no longer have any sugar filled food in the house which is good, no biscuits...although I do have around one muller light a day.

I am hoping to start an exercise DVD and walk everyday.....just really nervous I won't lose it- I am a huge comfort eater so eat when I am upset like this evening....

Thanks
Chloe

I think everyone struggles in the evening so don't be too hard on yourself. I struggle but I have a savoury not sweet tooth. I make sure I always have savoury snacks in.

Maybe you should do that with sweet stuff the no added sugar jellies you get in a tub are only half a syn so maybe one of those with a yogurt and a banana would help. Have you tried the half a syn cake? Maybe syn some meringues they are low. Some people use quark and options hot chic mixed together.

Don't ration yogurts if you have a sweet tooth they should be your lifeline.

I think what I am saying is don't deprive yourself use your subs for these things you have 15. If you deprive yourself you will just hinge

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I deliberately plan supper into my day to stop this happening - usually it involves my HexA cheese and HexB bread/Ryvitas, and if I'm actually hungry I will have some crustless quiche as well (I always keep this in the fridge). Just try and make sure you have plenty of "legal" things in your fridge to snack on, like crabsticks, hardboiled eggs, pickled onions, cooked mini meatballs (homemade with no syns), pasta or potato salad made with plain yoghurt and herbs/spices, syn-free yoghurts, maybe some pots of fruit in jelly (these are lovely mixed with a yoghurt, very filling). It took me quite a long time to realise that if I was actually full of legal stuff, I hardly ever wanted to pick at the bad stuff afterwards! Hope that helped a bit...

As the above said, it's all about being prepared. I'm exactly the same, so I try to save me HexB for the evening (not always possible!!) and have 2 x alpen lights the cherry ones, they are sweet and it satisfies that craving for sweetness. The key is having stuff in your fridge you can just grab without too much effort - and if you can avoid buying it in, or if your OH buys it, getting a locked box for them so you aren't tempted! (Maybe that sounds extreme, but the way my willpower is sometimes, it would be necessary if I had them in the house!) Are you using all your syns? You could have a couple of biscuits with no damage if you save your syns.

Also, avoidance tactics! paint your nails, have a bath, have a pampering sesh (I always find this makes me feel really fresh and nice and deters me from cheating! weird eh), phone a friend, or do wedding-y things, it will remind you why you are doing it!!

Good luck :)

Thank you everyone :)
I'm going to snack on some muller lights and savoury snacks.
Do you eat a lot of fruit?

Fruit Is my lifeline I eat a lot of it!!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

I think 2 stone in 6 months is definitely do-able.

As willbeslimjen said, definitely don't deprive yourself completely, you'll just make yourself miserable long term, resent it and are more likely to fall off the wagon. Use your syns and as everyone else has said there are plenty of 'legal' sweet and savoury snacks you can have :) I love oranges with a tsp of honey for an evening sweet snack mmm :)

Floralsandtea I use avoidance tactics too lol, you can't eat with wet nails, my nails have never looked so good! :D

I've bought lots of fruit pots from Asda so my fridge is stocked up and the new muller lights! I'm sat here drinking hot water and lemon hoping it will help :)

I keep my hex a for the evening and use the whole 350ml of skimmed milk as a hot drink...i add a sachet of options to the milk so it's super creamy and actually tastes like hot chocolate that i used to have as a kid before instant hot chocolate that you make with water (not a big fan of options/highlights made with water)
I find a mug if milk very filling and it makes me feel happy and content (that sounds super soppy, lol)

I think 2st in 6 months is more than do-able! once you start its hard to stop, it changes the way you think and feel about food so quickly.

Thanks everyone. I've been snacking on fruit and cucumber with ham slices and quark so hoping the weight comes off soon! :D

I have re-discovered caramel Snack a jacks. I have a sliced banana on top and this satisfies any craving I have. They are only 2.5 syns and I think they are really yummy.

I'll have to get some of them- just had some more cucumber and ham :)

I also have a weakness for sweet things and have indulged my sweet tooth to an extreme after following the plan! Things I have done to satisfy my sweet tooth are buying different fruits

I also have a weakness for sweet things and have indulged my sweet tooth to an extreme after following the plan! Things I have done to satisfy my sweet tooth are buying different exotic fruits like mangoes, physallis and permisson/ sharon fruit. I also like chopping up permisson and putting it in the sugar free orange and pineapple flavoured jelly. I also make the flavoured jellies by themselves to have as a snack. I have made a syn free pancake as well for myself as well when I feel like I'm feeling a bit peckish as well as craving something sweet. Last night I mixed some low calorie hot chocolate into some quark and I will have this with chopped up banana and fat free vanilla flavoured yogurt. I will also be trying chopped bananas with fat free blueberry yogurt as well. I like having syn free pancakes with a bit of blueberry yogurt and a bit of vanilla yogurt on top. A very filling way to start the day, and I suppose if you're feeling peckish on an evening, you could try this and even add some chopped up fruit of your choice. I've also had the cake in a cup with quark sweetened with sweetener and blueberries. Hope this helps! I'm always looking for new things to satisfy my sweet tooth so if anyone has any other ideas, please feel free to let me know!

Your goal is defo doable and good luck with it! I have to have chocolate every evening with my cuppa so make sure I have syns left for that. There are lots of low syn crisps around and look into low syn biscuits too. Low fat rich teas for example.
You can do it and you will! :)

Back