Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

In the words of my OH

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by xMandyDx, 16 November 2011 Social URL.

1. xMandyDx

xMandyDx Determination is Key

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(19.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    "Jesus, that's some difference!"

He's never on Facebook, but I do use it to chat to friends. His sister tagged us both in a pic (that was a moment of pure terror!) a few months ago, at her son's communion.
    I look mahoosive!
    So I was saying it to him in a casual sort of way last night, that I must take a pic now that I've lost some weight, in the very same clothes I was wearing in the pic and see if I can see a difference.

He asked me "What pic?"
    So I logged on to facebook and went through his page, and showed him, and his first words upon seeing it were, "that's some difference!".
    I said, "you think so?"
    "Oh yeah," he replied. "Now I can definitely see it."

I'm looking forward to taking that pic now. I think I'll start a scrapbook lol

Anyone else do this?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Pickle81

Pickle81 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I avoid cameras like the plague. I'm really looking forward to enjoying having my picture taken!
    I don't even have pictures of me with my children as babies. It makes me really sad to look back now and see myself missing from all the major events :(

Well done on your fab loss X

4. Chookiehen

Chookiehen Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(21.45%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    hi Great feeling isnt it - I have a photo from my holiday this time last year in Las Vegas, myself and OH are standing by a fountain - I was a very bloated size 16 - I am going back next week to have my photo taken in the same spot as a size 12 - cant wait

5. FridgeRaider

FridgeRaider Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.86%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Firstly well done you!!!

And sounds like a great idea, that i will be trying myself!!! :D

6. tara40

tara40 Loves Norman Reedus

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(12.95%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Can't fit into camera piccie :(

7. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    Don't you DARE put yourself don't like that Tara - even as a joke hun.

I personally hate having my photo taken, and will hate this no matter what size i am - but I have defintely noticed that in a group photo i am no longer the fat one. This makes me feel a bit better about myself, and I know that probably makes me abit shallow, but hey, I'm human :p

OP - I think the fact your OH has noticed and made a comment is great. We hear alot on this site about OH/MIL etc not noticing. Its nice when one does!;)

8. IanH

IanH Silver Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10.5lb
    Lost(%):
    15st11.5lb(57.31%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World (but it ain't a diet)
    I always have hated my picture being taken - especially before loosing my weight. When it came time to do my "storyboard" for the nationals of the 2010 Man of the Year - i went to visit mother and go through the family "archives" - beyond the baby and school photos - i think we managed to find 8 that showed me at the worse stages.

Putting them, and the one that finally gave me the kick up the behind to join - side by side with the ones now - i barely recognise myself. But have found that taking regular pictures (must get some more in a few weeks - once I've hit 36months membership) such a useful tool in helping me adjust my thinking to being the size I am now, compared to back then.

9. JosieE87

JosieE87 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(18.71%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Definitely gonna scrapbook or at least take a picture every month until I get to target!

10. charleeds

charleeds Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.5lb(8.54%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I 2 hate my photo being taken. Out of over 1000 pics on my phone there's about 2 of me which I have chopped so there only head shots! I think i might do the same as u though and take one monthly, will be motivation never to put it back on again

11. xMandyDx

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(19.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yeah I was thinking of putting the facebook pic of me on page 1, and then some of my achievement awards, then a progress pic, more awards...etc., until target. And then whenever I feel like I'm still fat in the mirror, I can get that out and have a good look, and take a new pic!

12. Ali*

Ali* Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.01%)
    Diet:
    SW Jan11-Feb12/now CC
    That's fabulous hun ... only a couple of weeks ago you were saying that you just couldn't see any difference ... and now you can! Well done!! :clap:

I've started putting a couple of pictures in my User CP bit ... there's a bit for albums. You could do your own private journey ...

13. xMandyDx

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(19.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World

lol I still can't feel it in my clothes, and sometimes wonder if I've lost anything haha I'm hoping the pic will change that, since OH says there's a big difference!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.