In two minds

claire2010

Hi I have been on the Cambridge a couple of weeks now. I used to go to the gym before I started the diet, and I went to Zumba twice a week, Pilates twice a week and a couple of water classes. I am really missing going. I have been speaking to a personal trainer at the gym and he said that he would train me and that he can help me lose 3lb every week he gets really good results as he has helped another women lose 4st 7lb in 16weeks. Not to sure what to do if I should change to that and eat a very healthy diet he would make me up a diet plan or stick with Cambridge? Sometimes I feel I don't have much of a life on this diet. Just looking for some advice I am in two minds about what to do. Thanks

I think as long as your following a plan And will put in 100% you can choose which suits you better. Tbh fitness one prob better as you'll get the toning benefits!!!

If you feel you could stick to calorie counting and full on exercise then go for it as you will tone up at the same time as lose weight, but if you have food issues such as binge eating, then perhaps the CD is better suited as you can 'work' out your issues with food whilst abstaining for a while.
:)

I want to be able to lose three pound a week if I was to change do you think that Is possible? I have done WW before and lost over three stone doing very little exercise. I don't have a problem with food I don't think. Just like how this diet is quick most folk have told me to change to healthy eating and exercise. The guy that would be taking me for personal training thinks this is a lazy diet I am doing. Do you think I could have 4st 7lb by Xmas? Was meant to get weighed today but changed it to Monday to give me more time to think what to do cos if I am changing I dont want to be stuck with anymore shakes. Thanks Claire xx

I was thinking of something similar! But I just know that with exercising and healthy eating even then I wouldn't be able to lose 25lbs in just 5 weeks! I've tried and lost a measly 10lbs! Im on Cambridge to drop the weight as quickly as possible as I think it'll be easier to maintain and start from zero when I'm smaller! Saying that... When I was exercising I booked a fitness retreat in August where they do 6 hours a day of exercise! I spoke toy CDC and she said it'll be fine as it turns out you come off SS for a week after week 12 before going back on to it!

When I spoke to her about exercise she said it's up to me but in her opinion why bother as you lose the same, and in most cases more without exercise! She said look at the biggest loser and how much work they do whereas all we have to do is open some shakes/soups and presto!

So I guess it depends on your reasons for wanting to exercise as if weightless is your goal it seems you don't need to, but if you want to increase your fitness etc then you could always perhaps move up to the 810 step 2 as you'll need the extra calories due to burning them off!

You don't come of the diet for a week I think you move up a step for a week then back down to SS after that. I would be doing alot of exercise everyday two days a week I do two classes one night and three classes the next night and would be having two/three personal training sessions a week aswell. I want to get fit at the same time and tone up. I could easily stick to this diet and sit and do nothing for months. But that won't be really good for me? Wish If I decided to stick to this diet I could do all that exercise too. My friends just think I should change and that slow and steady is best to keep it off in the long term. Xxx

claire2010 said:
You don't come of the diet for a week I think you move up a step for a week then back down to SS after that. My friends just think I should change and that slow and steady is best to keep it off in the long term. Xxx

hehe! That's what a meant... She advised that I tell them at the bootcamp I've been doing CD... I have my WI on the same day I come back from it so it should be interesting!

I guess it comes down to personal choice as I miss my spinning and les mills workout classes but at the same time I know I'm getting results from not exercising and alot quicker than I thought possible! But my CDC yoga/ pilates and bums legs and tums toning classes would be okay as I'm nervous about loose skin etc!

I think if you can honestly say that you can stick to a healthy eating plan then Absolutley do it, do you trust yourself though? Good luck whatever you choose x

Yeah would be good to see what you lose after boot camp. People say exercise slows down your weight loss. I just don't know I am so confused.

Yeah I do trust myself I am very strict when I am following a healthy eating plan. And I like cooking and enjoy exercising with my friend. And the personal trainer I would b getting if I changed is like military boot camp lol xxx

I want to be able to lose three pound a week if I was to change do you think that Is possible? I have done WW before and lost over three stone doing very little exercise. I don't have a problem with food I don't think. Just like how this diet is quick most folk have told me to change to healthy eating and exercise. The guy that would be taking me for personal training thinks this is a lazy diet I am doing. Do you think I could have 4st 7lb by Xmas? Was meant to get weighed today but changed it to Monday to give me more time to think what to do cos if I am changing I dont want to be stuck with anymore shakes. Thanks Claire xx

The average weight loss from calorie counting and exercise is 1-2lbs per week, and with a goal of 4st 7lbs theoretically you could be at target by 11th Feb (2lb loss per week). The long term goal for CD is to healthy eat and re-educate yourself. It is just it gives quicker results than many other diets.
:)

The diet I would be put on by my personal trainer would be 1200 calories and would prob be burning about 600 calories a session with him and I do six classes a week and just the gym myself said I wanted 3lb a week and If I want that he said he would hey me that. Xxx

You will also find that the age old thing of muscle weighing more than fat may come into play, so you may find with increased exercise you don't see the results you expect on the scales, but if you measure yourself you will see yourself getting smaller. :)

Yeah he did say that think I am just going to start healthy eating tomo :) think my mind has been up now. Thank you I will let use know how it goes xxx

Back