Incensed by Lottery Advert!!

DQ

Queen of the Damned
Ok, I have watched it a few times now, but it still says the same thing to me so I'm gonna rant!! :mad:

Lottery advert with some bloke on the bus. Cue large woman sitting next to him, squeezing him into the window. Then she starts tucking into a huge sandwich, making a mess and looking a slob!

Poor poor man - stares into camera to show how cr@p life is.

Ta-Da!! He is suddenly on a rollercoaster, having won the lottery!! Fat woman is still sat next to him on the rollercoaster, food flying everywhere and looking miserable! How the lottery can change your life!

Ok, so why did it have to be a fat woman? Why the 'typical' frumpy looking large woman, tucking into food, taking up more than her share of the seat?! GRRRRRRR :mad::mad::mad::mad:

tooootally agree with you there.. always picking on the tubby ones.. shocking isnt it.. i saw it earlier today and was like.. "how mean!!".. he doesnt look like a god either..

x x

:D It is not very nice to portray anyone like that, complain to the advertising standards agency :D

Really Pees me off every time it comes on!!!!:mad:

Brilliant DQ, maybe if enough people complain theyll do something

isnt it funny.. people obv go forwards for these roles.. would you really like to go for "obese women 1" part..? cos i sure as hell wouldnt..

x x

It's just an advert.................... kids are running round sticking knives into each other and people are getting narked about an advert.

It's just an advert.................... kids are running round sticking knives into each other and people are getting narked about an advert.

Hi Glorious Day :)

I think most of us are alarmed by the almost daily reporting of knife and gun crime at the moment, I know I am as a parent and also someone who works with Young People.

I think this thread was opened to point out a particular advert and not to minimize at all what else is current in all our daily lives.

Best Wishes,

Lacey :)

Yeah I think that while there is other stuff going on in the country/world it is still ok to be upset about other stuff! I agree that the advert is very discriminatory

Hi Glorious Day :)

I think most of us are alarmed by the almost daily reporting of knife and gun crime at the moment, I know I am as a parent and also someone who works with Young People.

I think this thread was opened to point out a particular advert and not to minimize at all what else is current in all our daily lives.

Best Wishes,

Lacey :)

Absolutely - with four kids I worry about the world out there, but that doesn't stop me worrying about the images that they see every day. I would never trivialise what is going on in the world today, but this is the sort of thing I CAN fight.

I just complained as well, lets see how many of us can complain :)

Back