incentives

Crys

Barring certs and stickers, do you have any incentives to get to certain points? Perhaps new jewellery, a night out on the town, new clothes/shoes?

Hi,

I don't have incentives to get to certain points but my main incentive, for this year, is that for my works christmas do this year, i want to be able to buy and fit into a Jane Norman dress. Every christmas, i pass the shop and fall in love with the dresses but never feel able to wear any as i know they wouldn't have had my size and nor would i have had the figure for it. This year i know it will be different and already i'm looking forward to it :)

hiya :) well i have a holiday to turkey in september with my husband and family that i really cant wait for so thats great motivation for me..i just want to change my lifestyle forever :) other things for me are my 1 year anniversary in may i really want to be able to wear a gorgeous dress..and ive got a wedding in summer and also a few concerts..they help me focus!! :D

I've got an imitation pandora bracelet, and for every 3lb I lose hubby will buy me another bead from ebay.
I'm also hoping to get into the jeans we sell (Pilot, so size 14) by my birthday in september, and will then buy them as a treat.

Crys said:
I've got an imitation pandora bracelet, and for every 3lb I lose hubby will buy me another bead from ebay.
I'm also hoping to get into the jeans we sell (Pilot, so size 14) by my birthday in september, and will then buy them as a treat.

My hubby's done the same for me after I'd told him someone on here had done it, first bracelet arrived broken, they sent a new one but now the charm has broken! He said he'd get me a real one instead but I said don't worry, I think it's a lovely idea, I'm getting a new charm for each 1/2 stone so hopefully get my second one soon x

Crys I think this is a great idea, might consider it as well. At the moment it's simply that I want to be able to wear a summer dress with thin straps and not feel like an elephant in it! lol

I love the pandora charm idea. Think my incentive is to get into ALL of my clothes again, not just the 'looser' ones.

OH buys me a Pandora charm for every half stone I lose and when I get to target, he and Mum and Dad are treating me to a new wardrobe! My biggest incentive for getting to target is wedding dresses - I've promised myself I'm not even trying any on until I get to target and we're getting married in 18 months, so want to get there as quickly as possible!! xx

I'm def one for non food rewards, my reward for my last loss was MAC Wonder Woman Mineralize Skinfinish! xxxxx

I don't go to class and instead put away £5 for every pound I lose which I'll spend on new clothes when I get nearer target. Got quite a little stash building up already!

My boyfriend buys me a Pandora charm for every stone i lose :) He always pays for me to go to group at the moment until I start my nursing degree next month so he is a great help. Other than that it is just the thought that one day (hopefully soon) I will be able to open up my wardrobe up and get out whatever item I want whether it be the size 14 Topshop skinnies or pretty Zara vests .... so sick of wearing jeggings, leggings and the long ASDA top I got to get my through, they are my fatty clothes and i HATE them! When the day comes that they can go in the bin I will be over the moon!!

My biggest incentive for getting to target is wedding dresses - I've promised myself I'm not even trying any on until I get to target and we're getting married in 18 months, so want to get there as quickly as possible!! xx

This was my incentive too...until it was pointed out that unless you are buying off the rack wedding dresses can take months to make/fit correctly :eek:
Now like all brides I want the perfect dress and know that it'll take time but I also dont want to feel like an elephant when doing something so exciting. So rather than go silly and panic diet I have told myself that as soon as I am halfway to my target I can enter the shops and try on!
Until then I'm making do with my wedding dress scrap book! Bx

My holidays tend to be my inspiration (didn't work too good last year though). So far I am on target for this years break in May.

For my 1/2st I got myself a pair of new jogging bottoms from asda (£4, so I really pushed the boat out ;), but I didn't need them, so they counted as a wee reward).

For my 1st I've ordered myself a new Wii dance on broadway game (again, I don't need it, I've the Wii fit and sports, but I WANTED it and £10 isn't breaking the bank but it's enough that it's like a wee present :)).

Plus my consultant sends us cards whenever we hit a shiney, which is lovely of her. I intend to put all of mine in a big frame when I'm at target :D

Im getting myself a evening dress- strapless (finally to show my arms without shame!!!) for when I reach target. My mom promised me she'll buy me a whole new wardrobe if I lose weight so that's another incentive. To keep me going throughout I think I will start buying nicer clothes a size slightly smaller that I can hop into when I've lost enough :)

Are the wii dance games good, I don't know whether to buy one or not?

I tried the regular just dance one and was slightly worried I was going to dislocate my head, but this one looks like it'll be better from the previews! I'll come back and let you know once it arrives and I have a go at it. :D

wenchie said:
I tried the regular just dance one and was slightly worried I was going to dislocate my head, but this one looks like it'll be better from the previews! I'll come back and let you know once it arrives and I have a go at it. :D

That'll be great thank you, it made me giggle when you said you thought you were going to dislocate your head!

When i get to my final goal weight as well as feeling comfortable in my own skin again i will be purchasing a pair of iron fist heals(the ones with the zombie design on them).

when i get to 10% i intend to go buy a new piece of clothing, a new pair of jeans comes to mind. and my other two mid point goals of 13 stone and 10 i;ve not decided what to do for that yet.

Ohh gettting the just dance games for my birthday :D. Have got the biggest looser game and tbh i really recomend it as its proper full on exercise, with intensity form light to intense :D

Back