Indecisive about how to end this and be successful

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Dancing, 4 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

As I've just posted, I'm getting closer to the point where I start moving up the plans and then maintain.

For those that don't know/remember, I started on LL and moved to Cambridge when I went on holiday and moved to a new area.

I having been pondering moving back to LL to do their Route to Management programme, which is similar to moving up to the plans but it introduces food in a more controlled way in order to help identify which foods might be your trigger foods. This appeals to me as I suspect that some foods (esp. cheese) cause me to go off the rails for a few days and eat with less control. Some people report it is dried fruit that do it for them.

My main issues with food have been eating too much (portion sizes), eating too frequently and also gorging on refined carb foods on weekends.

I know this is a cambridge site and people will be inclined to support the plan of the diet they are loyal to. My problem is, I'm loyal to both and don't know which will serve me best.

Maybe noone can help me make the decision but I thought I'd ask the question anyway.

If i knew that Cambridge plans would be successful for me then I would stick with Cambridge. And having read Sam's "wannalose8stone" thread on her hypnosis experience, i'm thinking Cambridge plus hypnosis might be the way forward.

..... my question is - which should I do? Cambridge and hypnosis or LL Route to Management?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. eatlessweighless

eatlessweighless Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.78%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Oo tough one! I don't know anything about LL to be fair, but is there anything stopping you trying the Cambridge plus hypno, and re-assessing in a couple of weeks? Or LL first and re-assessing?

Good luck with whatever you decide, you are the only person that truly knows what would be best for you.

Theresa x

4. letmeout

letmeout Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    12st7lb(51.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You have done so well. I can see why you are thinking so deeply about your next steps and it shows that you have taken on a new way of life and changed. I don't think it matters which plan you go on as you are so aware already. I do think with whichever one that the hypnosis is a great idea. It will empower you to maintain control and lock into the tower of strength you have already shown.
    Whatever you decide I hope you will keep posting here. If you leave I will miss you
    xx

5. weepoppet

weepoppet Full Member

Sounds to me like you already know where your food pitfalls are, cheese and too big portions.

If you follow the Cambridge Diet maintainence plans to the letter then you are already watching your portion controls. If you also choose to have hypnotherapy sessions, I think together it could help you maintain a balanced healthy weight and relationship to food.

My downfall is chocolate and sweets, rubbishy sodding Haribo jellies. My meals are always healthy and I never eat till I'm stuffed (I am a slow eater and that really helps) but I convince myself that after my intense workouts I can have a reward with sweets. Tearing knee cartilage meaning no exercise plus huge amounts of sugar helped me put the weight on over the last few months so I have to get this weight off and stay off for the sake of my poor old knees.

6. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Thanks for the comment Eatlessweighless. The problem is - if I want to choose LL RtM then I have to decide while I still have weight to lose. They will not let me start it once I'm at goal weight. Apparently, in order to RtM I need to return to LL to do a their Development plan (which is just SS) until I get to the point i'm ready to reintroduce food and I can then do RtM OR I need to return and do their refresher/returner plan which is paying for 4 weeks up front and doing SS. Only then can I do their RtM.

Letmeout - thanks for that really supportive reply. At the end of the day it will be down to me to make a success of it, I just need to decide which will give me the more useful tools.

Yes, only I can make the decision. I'll keep pondering

so the decision has to be made before I get to goal.

7. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Really ticky one this as I am not familiar with the process of RTM. What I would offer is my experience from the CD side. Whilst working up through the plans I didn't come across any trigger foods, whether this is by design I am not sure. However, now I am on 1500 and experimenting with different foods I have certainly stumbled across some! They do make you feel hungry and give you an urge to stuff your face, however, having the awareness that you have obviously discovered a trigger food somehow empowers me to resist, the cravings pass very quickly and the sense of achievement at having resisted is wonderful. I am not sure if RTM has a more structured approach or if it also relies on self discovery of trigger foods, if this is the case you are still, to a certain extent, going to come across them by accident - however RTM may provide more psychological methods of how to cope when you do.

Not sure this is much help but good luck with whichever you decide to follow.

Georgie
    xx

8. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

weepoppet - there may be other pitfalls I'm not aware of and I may be wrong about the cheese. Unless I reintroduce in a controlled way I'm not sure I'll know for definite.

I had the same thing as you with the knee cartilage tear - and instead of losing weight as my surgeon suggested, I ended up putting even more on ... then I found vlcds and the rest is history!! I really need to prioritise my leg strengthening exercises!

9. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Georgie, that does help. It is a reassurance to know that if you are as self aware as you are ( :) ) then a person can identify trigger foods once you introduce other food types on 1500 plan. That is really useful information actually. Thanks

10. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    hi dancing

you are doing the right thing by taking your time to decide which is the best route for you.

Ive never done LL, but do know that their route to management is a little different to CD maintenance steps. Both of them are tried and tested methods and both work if you stick to them.

I know you have been truly focused throughout your weight loss and have managed to stick to the diet, do you really feel that you need hypnosis to give you the willpower to stick to a maintenance diet. From my early experience hypnosis has been amazing, but you havent started eating again yet. You might be pleasantly surprised and find that you can stick to it better than you think you can. You can always fall back on hypnosis in a few months time if you find yourself slipping back into your old ways.

Good Luck Dancing. I really want you to succeed

11. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    I too was concerned about trigger foods and identifying them. However, if you are anything like me you can't mistake them, they hit you like a truck!! Strangely Cajun Spice is one for me, I was ravenous after using it on some chicken, other ones have been more obvious, toast and bread, dried dates (although interestingly I still have some every day and resist the urge to have more than I am allowed). Haven't ventured to cheese yet but I can see it being a tough one!

Gx

12. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Thanks Sam - you may be right about the hypnosis. I just wanted to avoid issues rather than deal with them, if you know what i mean.

Georgie, you may just have swayed me with your posts ... if you can identify that cajun spice is a trigger food for you then I think I'll be alright. And knowing that they are so apparent to you is reassuring too. (Please don't let spicy food be one of mine.... I LOVE spicy food)

Big hugs. Thanks Georgie. I know you worked up the plans without straying so I will take a leaf out of your book and do the same.

13. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Fear not I am currently having Sharwood's curry sauces with chicken and fish and no problems, just something in the cajun - should try to narrow down what it was really but then I figure you can't avoid trigger foods it's just learning how to deal with them. I have had to increase my calories this week as I am still losing and if it helps I am finding it really hard to eat everything at that is only 1600 kcals. I feel for you as you are having to make a decision without having experienced the plans but stay as positive as you have been throughout your diet and believe in yoiurself that you can do it and that is half the battle.

We can muddle through it together!

Gx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.