Independence Day Challenge!!

Luci-De-Milo

is going to do this!
Heeeeeey guys!! :)

Well I know there are a lot of these floating about, but I wanted a slightly more long term goal, so anyone who wishes to join me is more than welcome!!

Fourth of July marks the Declaration of Independence, so although I'm not an American, I want to make a Declaration of Weight Loss on that day!

I pledge to lose 25lbs, to mark my halfway point, by the Fourth of July!

Anyone joining me? Make your weight loss pledge here! :D xxxxxx

16 views and no joiners? Come on, give yourself a target!

Last edited:
Luci-De-Milo - 25lbs
Sarette - 25lbs

I'm in!

Of course :D I love challenges!

I'm in...I'm just working out how much I want to set myself by then - I'll be back in a ticket...x

(can I set my goal to be my final W.I. which would be the monday 6th July?) If so I am aiming for 19lbs. If it has to be the week before then I'll aim for 17lbs

so...

Luci-De-Milo - 25lbs
Sarette - 25lbs
Alexmummy07 - 19lbs

(can I set my goal to be my final W.I. which would be the monday 6th July?) If so I am aiming for 19lbs. If it has to be the week before then I'll aim for 17lbs

so...

Luci-De-Milo - 25lbs
Sarette - 25lbs
Alexmummy07 - 19lbs

Of course you can! I'd advise people to aim for Fourth of July, in order for everyone to have the same target and be able to count down together, and then individually wait until your nearest WI to see the results :)

69lbs to lose between us! That's basically 5 stone :eek:

thank you - I'm aiming slightly lower at the moment as my losses have really slowed down, I'd love to hit higher, but I know I'll be demotivated if I aim high and miss by huge amounts, so aiming for 2.5lbs a week...and anything more is a bonus...seeing as I've only been getting 1 3/4lbs a week :S xx

Oh can i join in too?! Im off on holiday for my 30th birtday on the 4th of July, and would love to be at target which means losing 28lbs! I WONT be a fat 30 year old!! :p:D

Luci-De-Milo - 25lbs
Sarette - 25lbs
Alexmummy07 - 19lbs
Cat Bee - 28lbs (or as near as possible!)

Oh can i join in too?! Im off on holiday for my 30th birtday on the 4th of July, and would love to be at target which means losing 28lbs! I WONT be a fat 30 year old!! :p:D

Luci-De-Milo - 25lbs
Sarette - 25lbs
Alexmummy07 - 19lbs

Of course you can! Well this challenge works wonderfully for you then :) I hope this helps motivate you towards your holiday and that you have a fantastic time!

((I should probably add, I just realised I have counted my target of "-25lbs" as a loss from my start weight. So in reality, as I've had one WI and lost -7lbs, I only have 18lbs to go!))

I'm in! :)

I am going to go for 3.5lbs per week, which is 28lb/2 stones!!! Which will take me to 11stone 4lbs which is the lowest I've been in years and even lower than CD last time.

It will be nice to have another little mini group to work with to get to goal.

If I don't set myself a high goal then I don't work hard enough lol.

I'm in! :)

I am going to go for 3.5lbs per week, which is 28lb/2 stones!!! Which will take me to 11stone 4lbs which is the lowest I've been in years and even lower than CD last time.

It will be nice to have another little mini group to work with to get to goal.

If I don't set myself a high goal then I don't work hard enough lol.

Great to see you've joined! Hope this group can keep you motivated towards your goal and support you when you're struggling :)

You can get the results you want if you stick to it! I'm the same as you, I need higher goals lol otherwise I won't do anything! :p

Well people, it is 4th July.... 8 weeks tomorrow! AKA 56 days! We can do it!

List so far:

Luci-de-Milo - 25lbs
Sarette - 25lbs
Alexmummy07 - 19lbs
Water Girl - 28lbs

Last edited:
Day one of challenge today, 8 weeks to go til Independence Day!

Hope you're all getting on well :) xxx

Good luck everyone. 8 weeks doesn't seem so bad. Sounds better than 2 months in my mind for some reason.
Think how chuffed we'll all be in 8 weeks!!! Can't wait

I would love to join too. Only on day 4 but on July 6th I am attending The Fundraising Institute National awards as a small group of us at work are up for best fundraising team of the year. Its a blk dress event being held at the Hilton in London. I want to be shopping for a little blk number not a large one!!!:wave_cry:

You'll look fab by 4th July! Welcome Issy. x

I would love to join too. Only on day 4 but on July 6th I am attending The Fundraising Institute National awards as a small group of us at work are up for best fundraising team of the year. Its a blk dress event being held at the Hilton in London. I want to be shopping for a little blk number not a large one!!!:wave_cry:

Of course you can! We can support you all the way and help you get into a gorgeous LBD! ;)

What's your target weight? I'll add you to the list xx

can i join you too? im in for the long hall, doing 810 at mo so my losses are slower (although my poor will power probably has something to do with it;)).
we go on holiday on the 29th july and id like to slim and beautiful, but slim will do:D:D.
in 8 weeks i would like to have lost another 16lbs, which will take me to 11.10, which would be amazing for me, i would have lost about 50% of my body weight (i started ww in 2004, and still dieting,lol!)
11.10 is just above my goal, and ill be made up if i can do that, with your help maybe i can;)
tx

Hi scojos and welcome. Good luck x

Back