Red Day Indian Fish

StaceyUK

Gold Member
I made this for dinner and it was amazing! Drizzled lemon juice and fresh coriander over at the end. Served with roasted red pepper, red onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, zucchini and gem squash which I tossed in cajun seasoning and sprinkled with cumin seeds.

The flavours just popped and it was yummy! Even hubby has said he'll have it again - result!

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
  • 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
  • 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
  • 6 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 (2 inch) pieces fresh ginger root, minced
  • 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
  • 1 tablespoon ground coriander
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
  • 4 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless tilapia fillets (or fish of your choosing)

DIRECTIONS
  1. Combine the yogurt, cayenne pepper, garlic, ginger, cilantro, ground coriander, cumin, salt and turmeric in a resealable plastic bag. Close bag and mix everything together until evenly combined. Add the fish and toss until well coated with the marinade; marinate overnight
  2. Preheat the grill. Lightly grease a baking pan.
  3. Remove fillets from marinade and shake off excess; discard remaining marinade. Place onto prepared baking pan and grill in preheated oven until fish flakes easily with a fork, about five minutes per side.

Attachments

• IMG_5019.JPG
    IMG_5019.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 118
The original recipe called for salmon but I think it tastes nicer with a firm, white fish (although I haven't tried with salmon yet) or even chicken. Def worth a try! I loved it!

Back