Indian - Help with syns please

Cholney5

Last night I ate out and had planned to have the Lamb Rogan Josh with boiled rice at 6.5 syns but when I got there it said as hot as the Madras and I chickened out!

Instead I had Lamb Hasina which was a skewer with lots of veggies (peppers onions etc) and the menu said they use little or no oil! I then had boiled rice and a side of garlic mushrooms!

Now I was thinking I could syn it about the same?

What does anyone else think?

Looking through the recipes I would call that really low syn. It just seems to be meat and veg marinaded in spices then cooked on skewers, no oil or cream etc.

Were the garlic mushrooms breaded in anyway? If not, maybe add for a tbsp of oil for them to be cooked. 2 syns a tsp or 6 syns a tbsp if you can try and estimate how greasy they might have been/portion size.

The hasina itself looks free, maybe add some syns to cover the meat not being lean. Lamb is 1.5 syns per 100g of non lean meat.

So, at worst for 200g of meat plus 1 tbsp of oil I'd call that 9 syns. Although it could be syn free depending how they cooked it.

I wouldn't restrict yourself today regardless :)

Thank you! I feel lots better for knowing that someone agrees! I will leave as I quoted it as 10 max and I will certainly be picking that again as was delicious!

Thank you :)

Over halfway there now and I am so glad to have finally (after too many years) found an eating plan that works and the motivation to stick to it. Being able to eat what I like at Indian restaurants is part of why I think SW is awesome :D

Back