Indian Restaurant

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by Auburn, 16 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Not Eating Like a Pig

I'm just starting out on calorie counting, and my parents spring a family night out for a curry on me next Friday!

Any suggestions? I'm not big on rice really, but I do like a curry. I'd usually opt for a tomato based one rather than a creamy one.... the bread OOH THE BREAD ....

This'll be tough!

Any idea what the best curry to go for would be?

Jen :)
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. bevsy

bevsy Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    calorie count
    Hi auburn have you ever tried a chicken shashlick, its a mildly spiced breast of chicken on skewers with pepper onions and tomatoes cooked in the tandoor oven it is lovely and as its baked i doubt it would be high in cals.
    Hope you enjoy your meal
    Good luck on your weight loss. :0)
  4. Bostik

Bostik Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Calorie Counting
    I usually get grilled stuff like chicken tikka with like half a naan bread or something. Avoid the creamy curries like korma I think.
  5. Squeezyweezy

Squeezyweezy Gold Member

Being healthy
    Sag Aloo, which is potato and spinach cooked with tomato and spices.
    Tandoori chicken is just baked in a tandoor or grilled. Load them with lots of salad, bobs your uncle.

ooh, wish I was going :D
  6. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Not Eating Like a Pig
    Oooh thank you all for the advice... I feel a bit better about it now, I think the shashlick looks beautiful, looking at the menu on the website for this place, mmhmm :D
    I think me and my mum (she goes to SW) are going to share a naan, and a portion of rice to go along side it.
    Motto for the evening will be "no bhaji, no bhaji, no bhaji"... haha :D
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.