Indian Resturant

x Lulu x

Silver Member
Hi Everyone,

I'm out for an indians on saturday but not sure what the best options are.

Can anyone help?

Before anyone tells me to do a search i just have and got loads of pages that did not even mention indian in the title. So can some one please help me or point me in the right direction please :)

The only thing i have found online so far is chicken jalfrezi 8.5 but i dont really like jalfrezi. What ever i have i will have it with boiled rice so i imagine that will be free?

Thanks

xx

The tandori oven dishes are a good start as they dont come in sauces. For example chicken tikka tandori or chicken shaslik. Chicken shaslik are is marinated chicken pieces served with grilled pepper, onion and tomatos. This also gets served with a salad, but you will need to order the rice. Yum. Ax

sugarplum87 said:
The tandori oven dishes are a good start as they dont come in sauces. For example chicken tikka tandori or chicken shaslik. Chicken shaslik are is marinated chicken pieces served with grilled pepper, onion and tomatos. This also gets served with a salad, but you will need to order the rice. Yum. Ax

Thanks so much think i'll try the chicken tikka tandori with boiled rice and salad x

Also.. To make sure i don't under syn.. I want to make sure i am having the right portion size.. Which as far as ive gathered is 350g correct me if im wrong.. But can't exactly get me scales out.. So how much do you reckon that would be of curry.. (1/2? 1/4? 2/3?) (4tbsp?, 5tbsp?) etc etc.. And how many spoonfuls of rice is 180g? If looked through numerous threads and they all seem to say the same thing but not really what im looking for. If i wasnt dieting then id go to the india and have.. (Brace your self piggy on her way)
2 vegetable samosas ( going to be the hardest thing not to have, favourite thing)
1 onion bajhii
Chicken passanda (about half of the dish/bowl/foil container)
Pilau rice ( again half)
Peshwari naan (half or whole, depending on how hungry i am/where i get the indian from, size differs etc)
2/3 poppadoms with loads of mango chutney
This is what i have every time without fail.. I think maybe I've had a korma before i discovered the passanda. But i keep seeing all these low syns being mentioned but have no idea what they are.. I tried googling the recipes but a list of spices doesn't give you a great idea. Could anyone try and work out what would be best for me? ( i only eat chicken) i like the creamy stuff and i understand theyre high syn but what would be the lowest syn of the creamy ones? Could someone please also tell me the syn value for all the extras such as:
Raita?
Samosas?
Bajhi?
Pakoras?
Sag aloo? (Spinach and potatoes)
Palak ponir? ( spinach and cheese, no idea why im asking definitely going to be 1.2million syns!!)
Chapati? ( never had it before is it nice?)
Naan breads.. (Plain/peshwari) ( again, no idea why im asking)

Would it be worth just having chicken tikka no sauce, starter style with rice? Or shall i just not really bother and have a syn free week? That sounded terrible just all the planning makes my head hurt..so much easier to just eat what i want for one night! Hahaha i wouldn't even mind eating only fruit in the day before hand!!

Sorry for the super long message.. I did look just didnt find what i was looking for really.. And not sure sure what i would like as ive only ever had the same thing! Would really appreciate some ideas and feedback! Been tearing my hair out over this dinner! Thankyou! Xxx

You could try saving your syns for the night and having what you want.

I don't know much about the creamy curries, I like the spicy ones which are lower in syns luckily, I know a vindaloo is 8 syns but guessing you don't like that....

Don't worry about how much boiled rice you have as its free anyway.

You could try saving your syns for the night and having what you want.

I don't know much about the creamy curries, I like the spicy ones which are lower in syns luckily, I know a vindaloo is 8 syns but guessing you don't like that....

Don't worry about how much boiled rice you have as its free anyway.

Thankyou! I might just have a syn free week! But i know the day will be hard! As ill be hungovr haha xx

Back