Indian Takeaway portions

nurse265

:confused:Hi hope you can help me. Its my first week on SW. Friday night has always been takeaway night, i usually go for peri-peri wings and fries but thought might be better to go for indian. However, my question is when it says syns for different things on website eg Chicken Dhansak 6 1/2, what size does it mean? My local does medium , large and extra large.

Thanks in advance

It usually around 340g so you would need to weigh the portion - some can be as much as three times that. And remember it is only a rough guide as syn values can vary a lot from place to place depending on the ingredients and cooking methods used.

I must admit I only roughly syn mine. The takeaway I use only has a standard portion or a small portion I just share with someone so I'm only having half. Do the same with the rice only ever get the veg pilau the book says 2.5 per portion but the portions from my indian are massive! Again I share and half. Once these are halved and on my plate it doesn't look like a mega massive portion, it looks quite an average meal but I've never weighed it. If you're wanting to be cautious then you should weigh it

nurse265 said:
:confused:Hi hope you can help me. Its my first week on SW. Friday night has always been takeaway night, i usually go for peri-peri wings and fries but thought might be better to go for indian. However, my question is when it says syns for different things on website eg Chicken Dhansak 6 1/2, what size does it mean? My local does medium , large and extra large.

Thanks in advance

On the sw phone app it tells you the weights for different curries our curry house puts them in the deep rectangular foil trays and they tend to weigh about 600 (i weighed my curry the other week) so I just had half with a ton of salad n cooked my own rice while we waited for it to arrive so I had 2 portions over 2 days and didn't put any weight on .... And the best bit is that now me n hubby share 1 curry way cheaper and I don't feel ill after cos I've forced down a mammoth portion

thanks for your replies. i ended up leaving the takeaway, the rest of the family had it and i had roasted cod and SW chips instead, and lost 5 lbs , so am pleased

Back