Individual 1 syn Yorkshire puddings- Pics inc :)

grumbletumble

Silver Member
I was really missing yourkshire puddings so thought i'd make my own. I tried to bake them in tins but they kept sticking, so i decided to use muffin/cupcake cases & they worked!

• 56g plain flour (10)
  • 1 med egg
  • 50ml skimmed milk (H.E.A)
  • 35ml water
  • Salt & pepper
Sieve the flour into a large bowl, with the back of a spoon, make a well in the centre, break the egg into it and add some salt & pepper.

Now, measure the milk and water in a measuring jug, then, using an electric hand whisk on a slow speed, begin to whisk the egg into the flour (i don't have an electric whisk so i just used a hand whisk)– as you whisk, the flour around the edges will slowly be incorporated. Then add the liquid gradually, stopping to scrape the flour into the mixture.

Whisk until the batter is smooth. Place 10 cupcake/muffin paper cases into a muffin tray & spray the cases with fry light to stop the puds sticking. Divide the mixture into the 10 cupcake/muffin paper cases & bake in the oven (220 oC) for 25ish mins (can't remember exact time so keep an eye on them!)

Last edited:
I just made some, so thought i'd take a pic :)
2011_0115151110002.jpg

Btw- i added a new time in the above post - they take about 25mins. Our oven is a bit dodgy so keep an eye on yours :)

Great idea - thanks for sharing! :)

Thanks!

I've also made mini low syn yorkshires in a silicone 12 mini muffin tray, which work out at 5 syns for 4 of the delightful little puffed up puddings - yummy!

Bump- wanna keep this in my subscribed threads as wonder if it can be adapted fir toad in the hole?

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I did actually make toad in the hole with this...it was yummy! I'm pretty sure i used the same amounts between 2 of us so it worked out as 5 syns each but it was well worth it. I also used larger cake cases (muffins) & popped in cooked cut up sausage to make mini toad in the holes...they were nommy too :)

grumbletumble said:
I did actually make toad in the hole with this...it was yummy! I'm pretty sure i used the same amounts between 2 of us so it worked out as 5 syns each but it was well worth it. I also used larger cake cases (muffins) & popped in cooked cut up sausage to make mini toad in the holes...they were nommy too :)

Hiya
I made a Toad in The Hole and yum yum!!
Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have got to try these, thanks for the recipe, will let you know how they turn out, off to make them now x

omg they are scrumdiddlyumptious, I can't believe how nice they are. I tried making yorkshires last week by removing the oil and spraying the tin with fry light, they were ok but nowhere near as great as these...I must confess I was happy and they were so delicious and I had quite a few syns to spare...so I had 4 lol...thanks again grumbletumble ...oh and my family loved them too including my grandchildren...I made 3 dozen and everyone went between 9 of us lol x

Yay!!! So glad you all liked them :D Remember you can freeze them for when you have a lazy day :D

Ooooh that's fantastic, can't wait to try the mix for toad in the hole...might have to have that tomorrow lol x

I haven't had toad in the hole with this recipe for a while! I might have to do that tomorrow too! Mmmm i remember it was yummy though :D

Made toad in the hole last night, :wow: it was to die for, so light and crispy....yum yum yum, I am sooo glad I found this thread ...I can't say it enough THANK YOU grumbletumble xx....

Have just subscribed to this, sounds yummy! Thanks

Made toad in the hole last night, :wow: it was to die for, so light and crispy....yum yum yum, I am sooo glad I found this thread ...I can't say it enough THANK YOU grumbletumble xx....

Fantastic! I didn't make it in the end- no eggs! I'll have to make it later in the week. So glad you enjoyed it :D

Yorkshires doh!

Definitely worth it, I have never been able to make yorkshires or toad in the hole they always came out stodgy, not this time they were so scrumdiddlyumptious and so light and crispy.
I told my consultant about them as he always goes on about how yorkshires cost him 3.5 syns and he doesn't know of any that are lower, so he was well excited too lol
And a huge toad in the hole and it was massive (I didn't leave any mind lol), for 5 syns + 1 syn for my 2x60% fat free Cumberland sausages (from Morrison) is my idea of heaven lol

Back