Induction induction menu for first week

lumpyandbumpy

Silver Member
Hello,

just quickly jotting down my induction menu for my first week. if anyone would be kind enough to comment that would be great!

Day 1

breakfast - 3 sausages (1.5g carbs each), 3 bacon medallions, scrambled egg (butter, whole milk)
dinner - cheeseburger pie

Day 2

breakfast - as day 1
lunch - 5 chicken legs (from tesco deli)
dinner - 2 quarter pounders (1g carb each) topped with cheddar cheese

Day 3

breakfast - 3 sausages, 3 bacon medallions
lunch - cheese omelette
dinner - chicken fillets topped with full fat mayo and garlic, cauli and cabbage

Day 4 - as day 3

Day 5 - as day 1 except for dinner - cod fillets topped with mayo, cauli and cabbage

Day 6 - as day 3 except for dinner - 2 quarter pounders topped with cheese, cauli and cabbage

Day 7 - as day 2

the fat content is very high, im just wondering whether im overdoing it! x

Hi lumpyandbumpy!

Looks mostly fine, although there is no cow's milk allowed on Induction (you can use unsweetened soya milk as a substitute), and there aren't enough veggies - there are a couple of days with no mention of veggies at all, and we need 12-15g carbs in Induction vegetables every day. You could maybe add some salad stuff to your lunches so that you're having veggies at least twice a day?

As for the fat content, Atkins is a high fat diet so it's pretty hard to overstep the mark in that regard. You should be having between 60-70% of your daily calories as fat, so if you're in that area, you're absolutely fine.

I'm sure other folks will chime in if they spot anything else - good luck! :)

The fat content certainly doesn't look too high to me, you're eating a lot of protein there and you need a high fat content to balance it out. Ideal ratios are 5 percent of your daily calories from carbs, 30 percent from protein and 65 percent from fats. Apps/sites like my fitness pal are great for keeping track of all this for you.

You should be getting 15g of carbs per day from veggies. I quite often have a meal like courgette noodles in cheese sauce and this helps me get a good veggie and fat intake while keeping my protein moderate.

You may eventually want to vary your breakfasts a bit more, too, just so you don't get bored.

Definitely avoid the milk, use cream or alpro unsweetened soya. Also change your sausages, it sounds like yours contain filler which will be wheat based. Check the shopping list sticky for a list of approved saussies.

A good start though. Welcome and good luck!

thanks both! will defo up the veggies as i think it'll help me feel 'healthier', the high fat amount can sometimes make me a bit queasy so at least ive got that to counterbalance it. having chicken with mayo and maybe cheese on top tonight, looking forward! x

Morning Lumpy and welcome :)

Agree with what the others say - green leafy veg will definitely help things along - spinach, bok choy, cabbage, broccoli, etc. Try and get one in at least 2 out of 3 meals.

Re the sossies, I am a major sossie fan, and I've found the Tesco toulouse ones are really tasty and about 0.3g carbs each - makes a big difference when you're trying to stay under 20g a day.

Back