Info please?? Thinking of starting!

littlemumma

Gold Member
Let me introduce myself,
ive been on cwp since end of May, in that time iv lost 3 stone (had few weeks off) and currently weigh 12st 6lbs - im planning to stick with cwp for another stone (so about 3-4 more weeks more) a
And then im looking at an 'easier' diet to lose a final stone and maintain!!!

After researching this it seems to be ideal?? The DD wouldnt bother me as iv been surviving on 450 cals for over 3 months and the thought of being able to eat real food the next day is awesome! But....... Theres got to be some sort of clause surely??!!!!

Does this really work????!!!!!! As i cant see how?!
HELP Me!!!!!

I suggest you take some time, read through some of the diaries here, google alternate day fasting read up as much as you can then give it a go. After realising what Juddd does to your body and why, to me its suprising that vlcd continue to work for so long , why doesn't your body store every calorie and stop losing its fat reserves? So its all about having faith that it will work, I have been judding for 12 weeks now , was 13 5 when I started Juddd am know 12 4 , and have dropped a dress size , my body is constantly changing shape , far quicker than my weight loss would have you believe. It does work, I wouldn't be wasting my time doing it if it didn't ;)

Well this is what im finding now... The big losses just arent happening anymore, living off 3 shakes a day and only losing 2-3lbs a week, very disheartning.
Id much rather find a diet that includes food and lose 1-2lbs a week.
Im glad i did the cwp to start as i dont think i couldve dropped over 3 st and gone from size 18 to 12-14 on any other diet in sucha short time,

But yes il keep lookin through here and see what i find t/y :D

If you will be happy with 1 - 2lbs a week then you will be fine x. There is no clause hun, unless of course you count the DD s but to be honest I quite enjoy them as they make you feel in control and that you are actually 'being good' . Basically its a fast and famine theory, you don't want your body to go into starvation mode and therefore store fat, so you eat 500 cals one day then you eat normally the next (average of 2000 cals). What you eat on those days is entirely up to you, I try to eat fairly healthily during the week UP day (always around 2000 cals sometimes more) weekend UPs though I have what I fancy Takeaway, guu puds you name it. In a nutshell the diet works by programming your body NOT to store fat but to use it to fuel your DD 's , you will lose water and muscle along with fat on other diets on Juddd you lose just Fat which is why it affects your body shape quicker than any other diet. Some weeks I have a STS but I am physically smaller than the week before, I love this effect.
Any questions I am happy to help if I can x

Thanks so much for ur help - its seriously something im considering! As a DD will just be like any othet day for me as iv been living off shakes for last 13weeks lol!! Ive got a minimum of 13lbs to lose but id like to lose about 22-24lbs.
Do u take ur measuremts? Whats the inch loss like? Im currently down to 9" off waist and 10" off hips id like to lose another 4" off each??
Is the induction phase very different to the diet after the 2 weeks??

hannata said:
The only thing I've been doing strictly is my DD (3x a week) and look at my losses; 8.2 week 1 and 5.3 week 2. :)

The idea after induction is that you can raise your DD to 30/35%, but really most people stick with what they started with.

Wow ur losses r great - i dont think il be gettin results like that due to vlcd since end of april so il most like gain the first week????
Something to really think about here!!!

littlemumma said:
Wow ur losses r great - i dont think il be gettin results like that due to vlcd since end of april so il most like gain the first week????
Something to really think about here!!!

I didn't gain first week after vlcd - I lost 3 pounds :) x

I think i might be sold!! Can only try i guess - if it doesnt work for me il just have to go back!! My cdc lives along my road so shes not far away!! X

Thanks so much for ur help - its seriously something im considering! As a DD will just be like any othet day for me as iv been living off shakes for last 13weeks lol!! Ive got a minimum of 13lbs to lose but id like to lose about 22-24lbs.
Do u take ur measuremts? Whats the inch loss like? Im currently down to 9" off waist and 10" off hips id like to lose another 4" off each??
Is the induction phase very different to the diet after the 2 weeks??
Wish I had started measuring to be honest because my inch loss is far greater than my weight loss, I am a full size down and my clothes are continuing to get looser even though the scales havent moved much in last few weeks. Yet I am wearing a pair of small size 14 jeans that I couldn't do up about 3 weeks ago, go figure, its the Juddd effect and I love it.

Yeah its hard to believe that you can eat what you want even half of the time and still lose weight, but honestly it does work. And once you get into a regular cycle of it you actually don't eat as much as you would on a typical cheat day on any other diet. Its a lot more mentally satisfying that ANY diet you can do because half of the time you don't even have to think you're on a diet, and on the other half is oddly refreshing!!

The only time I struggle with is the evenings on my DD, but by then I just down some SF juice or fizzy to fill my tum get an early night and tell myself that the mornings UD is very near =P

I dont think the DD will bother me too much - as its normal for me to feel hungry, weak, tired etc.. So it'll be nothing new!! At least with this i get to look forward to the day after! Im a bit concerned i wont b able to hit 2000 cals on UD tho, as i really dont wana start eating high calorie fatty foods and my stomach has shrunk so much i dont wana stretch it back out... Can i reach the 2000 by eating well? Dont wana get back into the dominos and mcdonalds habbit!!!

Sorry I didn't answer your question regarding the induction phase !! The only difference really is your DD limit, but to be honest I always stick to 500 and under as its the best for weight loss, I don't know of anyone who has upped their DD limits over the 500. The thing is DD s get easier and easier and you actually look forward to them because you feel in control, its weird but tru x
I just posted in another thread as you and a few others were worried that eating all thnose cals meant resorting to high fat junk foods, its so not true, I am trying to restrict my UP sduring the school hols as I am much less active. I only started yesterday and had no fatty foods and I struggled to keep it under 2000 1
Brekkie was 2 weetabix with skimmed milk and 2 slices of small hovis with a scraping of butter 350 cals, lunch was a pasta pot, small slice hovis, 1 finger twix 355 cals, chicken curry 300 cals, rice 400, naan bread 400 milk allowance 150 cals totals just under 2000.
A lot of healthy food isn't necessarily low cal, think muesli, soups, pasta , don't think low cal think healthy x

Ty so much bajoleth for all ur help - officially start today as my DD
Time will only tell! Nothing to lose (apart from the obvious of needing to lose weight!!) excited/ scared/ the journey starts now :D

Back