Insanity workout... Anyone?

I've tried a couple of the workout and they are good. However, they aren't my sort of thing personally. I would prefer to plan ahead what I'm going to do and then do it myself, rather than follow DVDs etc.

It is intense and I'm pretty sure a lot of people have had success with it. It's something to consider anyway.

ive got the dvd, its intense yes! i havent had sucess because i dont follow the 60 day plan with it, i ony use it once a week/ two weeks....

sami i got mine for £49 on ebay

Started insanity. I'm on my fourth day now and have lost over 1 pound already. I do feel like crying during the workouts but it's all worth it in the end!!

I have just started my Insanity, Day 1 Fitness Test - that alone killed me, I was kidding myself into thinking I was fitter than I am!
My first fit test and I did;
Switch Kicks: 37
Power Jack: 26
Power knees: 50
Power jumps: 12
Globe jumps: 6
Suicide jumps: 8
Push up jacks: ZERO! Couldnt do any!!
Low plant oblique: 24

Would be cool to see how everyone else is doing in the fitness tests! :)

Also, for those of who have done insanity, since doing it i lost 1.6 lb but now, 6 days in ive put on over 2lb! What's going on? I know you build muscle too but my sole purpose is to lose weight with this, since i already weight 159 lb, i dont want to go any higher! And im not great at measuring the inches on me.... what am i doing wrong?

I keep seeing advertisements for this on Pandora and I've been interested in getting into it. It's good to know that there are people recommending it.

Sami your doing nothing wrong! As long as you are eating alright then it's probably muscle mass, get a measuring tape and measure around the widest part of your calf, around your thigh, around the widest part of your arm (bicep) and around your waist and hips. Write them down and I bet in a weeks time if your still not budging the weight then I bet your losing the inches. Its always the way lovely! Also, bear in mind that your muscles need to get stronger for them to be more efficient at burning fat, so although right now its very annoying that your not losing weight which is most likely your main aim just think that it gets easier and if you stick at it the weight should drop off soon :)

Did Day 2 straight after getting in from work tonight, I really struggled cos I had no energy - hadn't eaten for 7 hours :\ not good but theres not much I can do about it. I'm not sure if I've done more harm than good tonight cos of doing it on hardly any energy - and I think I undid all my hard work too cos I just had a massive bowl of pasta after lol. Ah well, better than nothing!!

My legs feel like they're on fire, they're so warm!

Spuds try not to go so long without eating. With Insanity you're supposed to eat every few hours to keep your metabolism going.

Also, thank you for your previous reply! Must have missed it. Im trying to stay positive, not very good at measuring my waist and such but im trying so fingers crossed.
I think im struggling too in the sense that im finding it hard to eat right. I dont follow the nutrition plan and i find it hard to not eat carbs, or cut down at least. I can have wholemeal bread and pasta, but generally im struggling to eat right. Is there anyone that can help?

I wold love to try this, the advert is great. Do I need to be in good shape first, I mean, at a good weight and relatively fit. Thanks

I've been reading up on it and watching utube clips for weeks :D. I'm still not brave enough to take the plunge. I think I'll wait till I'm a bit fitter. Oh and when I get a windfall to be able to afford it LOL.

Lose2Win said:
I've been reading up on it and watching utube clips for weeks :D. I'm still not brave enough to take the plunge. I think I'll wait till I'm a bit fitter. Oh and when I get a windfall to be able to afford it LOL.

I think I would love it in the end. I may become a fanatic! Haha.

Back