Inspiration needed - mushrooms and peppers

sn00k1969

I've been to the market today and bought LOADS of veg and have all sorts of pots on the go ready for starting back on track next week when the schools (and me) return to normality.

I have lots of mushrooms and sweet peppers left over - any ideas, I already have HUGE piles of pasta sauce :)

Was thinking of maybe a crust less quiche but not sure where to start!!!

Have a fairly full spice/herb rack and other store cupboard essentials.

Any ideas gratefully appreciated - thanks

There's loads of mushroom recipes here hun, lots of which are SW-friendly or easily adaptable :)

Mushroom Recipes

Mushrooms and peppers make a good base for a Spanish omelette, or even just a normal omelette. They're also good for bulking out a lot of meals...curry, bolognese, chilli etc. They're also nice in soups or stews. Lots of things to do with them :) xx

Pete’s Mexican Chilli Chicken (2013)
Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Onion, sliced (s) (sff)
1sp Cumin
1Tsp Coriander
1 Tsp Mexican Style Seasoning
1Tsp Smoked Paprika
1Tsp Chilli Flakes
1Tbsp Sweetener
1Tbsp tomato Puree (s) (sff)
2 Corn on the cobs (ff)
2 Peppers, sliced (s) (sff)
3 Garlic, finely chopped (s) (sff)
100g Rice (ff)
100g Sliced Mushrooms (s) (sff)
250g Chopped Chicken (s) (ff)
400g Chopped Tomatoes (s) (sff)
400g Red Kidney Beans, drained & washed (s) (ff)
500g Passata (s) (sff)

Method

Heat a frying pan, sprayed with frylight, add the onion, peppers & garlic. Cook until soft, add the cumin, coriander, Mexican seasoning, paprika & chilli, mix well, add the chicken, tomatoes, passata, mushrooms, tomato puree & red kidney beans, bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer for 20 mins until the chicken has cooked & the sauce has thickened.
Serve with rice, cooked as per the packet instructions.
Boil a saucepan with unsalted water, big enough to fit the corn in it. When boiling add the corn, cover & bring back to the boil, remove from the heat & leave to steam for 2-3 mins, remove & serve.

Mexican Chicken Chilli (Small).JPG

Back