Intensive gym workout!!

maddie_tc

I decided to treat myself a personal training session (rather than the usual food treats..!) and it was tuff!! I mean SO tuff that I thought I would throw up!!! Loads of weight training & cardio. I know I shouldn't have done this on my first day bk on induction but what really surprised me was that despite my low carb diet the personal trainer wanted me to workout 6days/week fallow the program he builds up for me (this will not benefit him financially as he will only see me once/week) and I was shocked....silly me thought 3days/week would be ok?!? I was SO unfit (I blame my VLCD on breaking down muscle mass..) that he was shocked!!! Couldn't breath after the first 2min of warm up- and I'm quiet slim already so can't blame on the excess weight making it harder!! Ok now I'm just chatting on- my question is- is it ok for me to exercise this much (wouldn't really mind it-as long as it's not dangerous).

Thanks guys!!

xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeh you'll be fine,... just listen to your body and if something doesn't feel right then stop. Bodybuilders are super active and training 6 days a week and often stick to super low carb diets at the same time, if it works for them i guess it can work for us too. The only thing you might want to alter if you are being very active is to raise your carb allowance a little on the days that you exercise (if you start feeling very tired or something)- might want to experiment a bit though since you don't want to knock yourself out of ketosis.

I had a personal trainer once who made me work out 6 days a week. I hated him in the end, lol. He walked out on me because he found a pizza box in my bin (yes, he had been going through my bins!). Anyway, he had me on a low carb diet at that time too.

losingit said:
Yeh you'll be fine,... just listen to your body and if something doesn't feel right then stop. Bodybuilders are super active and training 6 days a week and often stick to super low carb diets at the same time, if it works for them i guess it can work for us too. The only thing you might want to alter if you are being very active is to raise your carb allowance a little on the days that you exercise (if you start feeling very tired or something)- might want to experiment a bit though since you don't want to knock yourself out of ketosis.

I had a personal trainer once who made me work out 6 days a week. I hated him in the end, lol. He walked out on me because he found a pizza box in my bin (yes, he had been going through my bins!). Anyway, he had me on a low carb diet at that time too.

Thanks!! I cannot believe ur pt went through your bins lol but I'm super hyped!! It wasn't fun at all but no pain no gain (well a LOSS is what I'm looking for!) Even he himself said that he does low carb! I have to admit that it is frustrating to try to figure out if ur in ketosis or not- can't wait for my sticks to arrive!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back