Interesting Experiment

Lanarkwitch

Gold Member
Due to being drastically behind in my Uni assignments and deadlines vast approaching ( DH Too!!) We haven't had any alcohol for the last 2 weeks, but we have eaten out for lunch or dinner as we normally would.

Very interesting to note that my normal post weekend gain (not on JUDDD yet) has been the same as it would be if I were drinking, which sort of puts the water weight theory to bed doesn't it?

Going to be very interested in my post UD results from JUDDD.

Any others found alcohol/eating out having massive impact on post weekend weigh ins?

Pre-holiday back in August .. I went out for dinner most weekends or had puddings/alcohol with my OH on Saturdays and still lost 1-2lbs (the latter mainly) a week which is pretty much norm for me :)

Due to being drastically behind in my Uni assignments and deadlines vast approaching ( DH Too!!) We haven't had any alcohol for the last 2 weeks, but we have eaten out for lunch or dinner as we normally would.

Very interesting to note that my normal post weekend gain (not on JUDDD yet) has been the same as it would be if I were drinking, which sort of puts the water weight theory to bed doesn't it?

Going to be very interested in my post UD results from JUDDD.

Any others found alcohol/eating out having massive impact on post weekend weigh ins?

Not really getting the point you are making regarding eating with or without alcohol versus water weight!

Because there are other factors in play you can't really draw any solid conclusion; it depends how many calories you normally have over the weekend with or without drink whether you put on weight or lose. If you have a lot of alcohol it causes dehydration so a drop in scale weight may temporarily show but this will soon disappear on rehydration. This would be the same whether you are following JUDDD or not. However good for you for giving up the booze as the one thing alcohol is..is 'empty calories' no nutritional value whatsoever except for maybe one small red wine!

Calories are calories, eat less than you need, and you should eventually lose. Like JC said, there are so many complicated factors in weighing that its never cut and dry.

I usually find I drop weight the day after considerable amounts of alcohol, because I'm dehydrated. Alcohol is processed by your body as a priority because it is essentially a toxin (hence why you ALWAYS need to pee buckets when you drink) whereas calories spent on food stay in your system for a day or so until your digestive system processes it.

Hate the reliance on scales to tell us if we are fat or not, however it is the most accessible and reliable method of measuring body fat.

My body works the opposite way, drinking alcohol makes me retain water significantly and I had always associated my post weekend gains with drinking, as much as 8lbs, until Tuesday/Wednesday when I spend the whole day in the loo as it whooshes off me.

The last 2 weekends I have eaten out once for dinner I think each time and had gains of 4lbs+ which have stuck and not gone anywhere, even though I wasn't on JUDDD then I was calorie counting/SW, just seems odd. So in effect the only thing that changed in the past 2 weeks was I stopped drinking alcohol, other than that my weekend has stayed the same and I've gained 8lbs, although some of that seems to be to do with SW not agreeing with me in some way. 8lbs in 2 weeks seems a lot though whatever I've been doing. Still happy to report -2lbs after my first dd on JUDDD

Back