Interesting Typo on the SW Website

LOL!

I've noticed they make a few mistakes, in the desserts book your told to add so many tbsp of sweetener and so many gs of sweetener, then in the method it tells you to add the sugar and sweetener, I had to sit and work out the syns to work out which one was sugar and which one was sweetener

:8855:Sorry I can't make any guesses about that one in polite company lol

I've noticed they make a few mistakes, in the desserts book your told to add so many tbsp of sweetener and so many gs of sweetener, then in the method it tells you to add the sugar and sweetener, I had to sit and work out the syns to work out which one was sugar and which one was sweetener

I've not noticed any issues in any of the books I have ever used, but there are lots of mistakes on the website. It's pretty lamel, they shouldn't be letting so many slip through!

Mams making these brownies tomorrow, any chance you have written down the rectified mistakes for me? X

Mams making these brownies tomorrow, any chance you have written down the rectified mistakes for me? X

I didn't write it down and was just going to check the book and realised my mum has that one.
I think it was the biggest amount was sugar the smaller amount sweetener... I remember I made them without sweetener as I hate baking with it, I just sprinkled some sweetener on top (that's what's making me think it must have been the smaller amount which was sweetener for me to get away with doing it)

I didn't write it down and was just going to check the book and realised my mum has that one.
I think it was the biggest amount was sugar the smaller amount sweetener... I remember I made them without sweetener as I hate baking with it, I just sprinkled some sweetener on top (that's what's making me think it must have been the smaller amount which was sweetener for me to get away with doing it)
Yeah we thought that, 60g caster sugar and the 4tbsps must be sweetener. Bloody shocking that they don't make sure things are right before printing the books though! Someone needs a training day lol x

^^Did your mum make the brownies? how did you find them?

When I got the book last year there was a slip inside which listed the corrections - did you not get one?

I didn't get that slip :/ but we bought the book really early on.... do you think if I ask my consultant will have a copy of it. Are they're more then just that one then?

It got it when it first came out as they had an offer you got one free with a 12 week countdown. I wrote all the corrections into the book so I will look it out and let you know

Okay here they are

Page 84 Elderflower and Ginger Ice - the sweetener and food colouring are listed in the ingredients but not in the method. After Step 1 add the sweetener and colouring if using and stir to mix well

Page 91 Cherry Almond Ice - the method should say six serving dishes (not four) The ingredients and syn values are all correct

Page 108 Hot Berry Souffle - the method should say six souffle dishes or ramekins (not four). The ingredients and syn values are all correct

Page 116 Chocolate and Apricot Brownies - the third ingredient should read 4 level tbsp sweetener and not caster sugar. The syn values are correct when you use the sweetener

They say that these amendments are on the the SW website and will be included in future reprints of the book

Last edited:
It got it when it first came out as they had an offer you got one free with a 12 week countdown. I wrote all the corrections into the book so I will look it out and let you know

Okay here they are

Page 84 Elderflower and Ginger Ice - the sweetener and food colouring are listed in the ingredients but not in the method. After Step 1 add the sweetener and colouring if using and stir to mix well

Page 91 Cherry Almond Ice - the method should say six serving dishes (not four) The ingredients and syn values are all correct

Page 108 Hot Berry Souffle - the method should say six souffle dishes or ramekins (not four). The ingredients and syn values are all correct

Page 116 Chocolate and Apricot Brownies - the third ingredient should read 4 level tbsp sweetener and not caster sugar. The syn values are correct when you use the sweetener

They say that these amendments are on the the SW website and will be included in future reprints of the book

Thank you for that :) like I say my mum bought that book so I'll print those off and make sure she either puts them with the book or writes it in. Really appreciated :)

^^Did your mum make the brownies? how did you find them?

I didn't get that slip :/ but we bought the book really early on.... do you think if I ask my consultant will have a copy of it. Are they're more then just that one then?
They were really nice! I loved them and they went down well at taster night. X

Okay here they are

Thank you! The brownies turned out well we had guessed that the sweetener must be the 4 tbsps and the 60g the sugar and they turned out right. Thank you for the other things ill write them in the book x

Back