Intermittent Fasting - My journey

thejoyofanonymity

This year has been a tough year for me, diet-wise. My mum is getting married later in the year, and no matter what I do (weight watchers / calorie counting) the weight is just creeping back up. I'm now at my heaviest I've ever been (14st 5lbs) and at a smidge over 5' I'm really feeling it. My back hurts when I try to walk anywhere, I feel like I'm about to burst out of my skin and I'm unhappy with how I look. Seeing photos just makes me cringe.

I decided to fast today after a weekend of excess. Too much food & wine and I was feeling sluggish last night. I've tried 5:2 before, not sure why I didn't keep up with it because I really subscribe to the additional health benefits that comes along with regular fasting.

I need something flexible enough to allow me to remain social as I spend a lot of time at events etc. So IF seems like the best plan for me.

Since it's only Day 1, I know there will be some tweaking to the plan to make it work for me but I find having a diary always helps me, so here I am.

My Current Plan
I'm going to try to fast 2 days a week (and 3 days where I can manage). I'm aiming for 500 cals on down days - eaten within an 8 hour period to then give me a 16hr fast until my next up day. I'm hoping doing it this way means I can keep the fasting time as long as I can manage to really boost fat burn and reap the benefits and it allows me to eat during the working day which is where I have struggled before.

Just really hoping this works, getting disheartened with how unhealthy and sluggish I feel.

So I went over the 500 cals - hit more like 600 now which is a bummer for day one but I'm trying hard not to let it get to me. I knew this wasn't going to be easy for the first couple of fasts - and it could've been a LOT worse than going 100 cals over.

Baby steps and all that.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Back