Internet dating sites

yoga84

Gold Member
Hi all

As there has been so much chat about Internet dating around today I thought I'd start a thread about it!

I'm an Internet dating newbie and have recently joined Plenty of Fish, which is a free site. But tbh I'm getting a bit disheartened by the really poor quality of the men on there lol!!

Any of you lovely ladies got any recommendations of a better site... Bearing in mind I'm 40 and a single mom :)

Thanks in advance xxx

The Guardian one has a better 'class' of men, I aviod it now though because my ex is still on it!

juju_doll said:
The Guardian one has a better 'class' of men, I aviod it now though because my ex is still on it!

Oooh is that the Guardian newspaper? I might have a look at that then thanks Hun :) xx

Yeah, it's called Guardian Soulmates.

Fear not, I don't think he's on there any more. Don't want to know if he is though - one of those things that you just want to imagine your exes a sobbing broken shell, not actually moving on and having a life!

juju_doll said:
Fear not, I don't think he's on there any more. Don't want to know if he is though - one of those things that you just want to imagine your exes a sobbing broken shell, not actually moving on and having a life!

That's exactly how I like to imagined ex husband lol!!! Xx

I have a date tomorrow night!!! OMG I'm scared... It's been such a long time! What if it's all changed since last time I dated lol! ;-)

Yay! It will be fine, just ask him lots of questions about himself. All men like to talk about themselves! My love life is a disaster so I will live gregariously through you!

yoga84 said:
I have a date tomorrow night!!! OMG I'm scared... It's been such a long time! What if it's all changed since last time I dated lol! ;-)

Lol, apparently now the female is expected to demonstrate her ability to drink from the wrong side of a glass as a form of greeting :)

16 lost : 51 to goal

juju_doll said:
Yay! It will be fine, just ask him lots of questions about himself. All men like to talk about themselves! My love life is a disaster so I will live gregariously through you!

My love life is a disaster too so my expectations are very very low lol!! ;-)

fizzyfluff said:
Lol, apparently now the female is expected to demonstrate her ability to drink from the wrong side of a glass as a form of greeting :)

16 lost : 51 to goal

I can do that lol!! ;-)

Hi all

As there has been so much chat about Internet dating around today I thought I'd start a thread about it!

I'm an Internet dating newbie and have recently joined Plenty of Fish, which is a free site. But tbh I'm getting a bit disheartened by the really poor quality of the men on there lol!!

Any of you lovely ladies got any recommendations of a better site... Bearing in mind I'm 40 and a single mom :)

Thanks in advance xxx

I met my husband on Plenty of Fish and before that I used Match, Dating Direct (don't think it exists now), MySingleFriend et al.

To be honest, there are great men on all sites and there are dodgy men on all sites too. Unfortunately, a lot of married men (and women) use the sites for extra marital activities - saddos.

Personally, I think you need to trust your instincts, take time to get to know someone (be that by message, email, telephone, whatever) and enjoy yourself :D Don't take it too seriously and definitely don't let any man dictate how you feel about yourself. Have fun and, remember, you never know what or who is around the corner ....! :D

My husband first messaged me with the romantic and deep thinking "Oi oi saveloy" and I thought eek you're definitely not my type ...... ;)

P xx

Paulinegin said:
I met my husband on Plenty of Fish and before that I used Match, Dating Direct (don't think it exists now), MySingleFriend et al.

To be honest, there are great men on all sites and there are dodgy men on all sites too. Unfortunately, a lot of married men (and women) use the sites for extra marital activities - saddos.

Personally, I think you need to trust your instincts, take time to get to know someone (be that by message, email, telephone, whatever) and enjoy yourself :D Don't take it too seriously and definitely don't let any man dictate how you feel about yourself. Have fun and, remember, you never know what or who is around the corner ....! :D

My husband first messaged me with the romantic and deep thinking "Oi oi saveloy" and I thought eek you're definitely not my type ...... ;)

P xx

That's brilliant lol! And has made me think I need to be a bit more open minded about this ;-)

Thanks for the encouragement - its really appreciated (and needed!) :)

A
Xx

Right ladies I'm getting ready for my date!!

I will give you an update eith later tonight or in the morning!

Wish me luck ;-)

Alex
Xx

Back