• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Interview and Job

As some of you may have read, my work place has been going through a re-structure for the last 6 months. I had my interview for a position in the re-structure on Thursday morning, which was okay. I was as nervous as hell, but I was in there for the allocated time and answered all the questions, so came away feeling okayish.

Anyway, I was told Friday lunchtime that I have a position. It's still a Medical Typist (what I do now) and still at the same Grade (so no raise in pay) working the same hours, same department, but with a different Consultant and secretary. As you can imagine, the relief was pretty immense and I think it's now only properly sunk in. Feels like a bit of an anticlimax after the last few months! Anyway, I'm very grateful and now I know I can get back on with planning my life and having more fun than usual, without that hanging over me!:)

Phew!!!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

dudette2001uk

I will be a Princess!
Oh that's awaful. Poor thing! :( I understand the need for restructuring at times, but do they really need to be telling people they no longer have a job 7 weeks before Christmas! That's just my opinion!

How are you going to be celebrating then hun? xx

Well, the admin department have been going through this since May! So it's been a long crap 6 months, tbh. No time would have been good to tell us, and I must admit, I didn't expect it to happen before Christmas.

I haven't really done anything to celebrate, maybe I should! Ha ha! My sister was told she had her job (we work at the same place, different departments) on Wednesday so whilst out Wednesday night, we had a double Vodka each!:)

I'm glad the pressure's been taken off you. 6 months is a long time to be under that sort of threat. Our place was awful when we went through it and that was only two weeks and I was one of the lucky ones who knew her job wasn't under threat.

Wicked job! Do you enjoy it?
Yes, I guess like all jobs it has its good and bad points

Good
No commute time/cost
No special clothes/make-up
At home if a delivery is expected
Dont need a packed lunch
Choose own hours as its 24hr

Bad
Sitting on my backside for 11hrs a day helped with the weight gain
No social aspect to the job
Only 1 break of 20 minutes in an 11 hr day

Shabba

Loves the Nom Nom!!!
Well done!! :) they've been having a re-structure at work for the past few years and we all hate it, cant settle down properly whilst its going on.

Am confused - is your current consultant leaving? If not if you are doing the same job at the same pay and same hours why have they changed your consultant?:confused:
Yes, he is. He's been made to retire, not that any of us want him to. So yes, I'm working for a different team. They've moved us all round cos we all do different hours, etc etc. I don't understand it all either, but I have a job, so I'm not gonna try to! Ha ha!

Yes, I guess like all jobs it has its good and bad points

Good
No commute time/cost
No special clothes/make-up
At home if a delivery is expected
Dont need a packed lunch
Choose own hours as its 24hr

Bad
Sitting on my backside for 11hrs a day helped with the weight gain
No social aspect to the job
Only 1 break of 20 minutes in an 11 hr day
Looks like the pros out-weight the cons though. 11 hour days though! :(