Interviews

Not sure with regards to questions/answers etc, but I just wanted to wish you the best of luck! :)

Go in there feeling confident! They are interviewing you because they think you have what it takes, so remember that.

Have a think about answers to the basic questions - what would make you right for the role, why do you want it etc. As well as thinking of some good examples of when you've applied key skills before - not sure of good examples for this - maybe calming down an agitated child or something? And they might ask you about your long term plans too - e.g. in 5 years would you like to be training to be a teacher or something?

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

xx

Take in a copy of your CV & application form - you may need these as the panel could refer to them.
Prepare questions to ask which are relevant to the post, this will show them you are interested in the position, if you think you know everything you need to know, just make up a few questions.
I agree with Miss_Corset - be confident, be prepared to give examples.
In order to be able to give examples get the job specification sheet & write down examples on there, if there are some attributes they are looking for but you don't have address that & make sure you are aiming towards it.
Sell yourself, tell them why you are the best person for the job, & give examples of what you can achieve.

good luck

Well that's not all bad news, I know you didn't get the job, but on a positive note you've got feedback so now how you can improve you chances next time. I'd agree it is hard to balance work/career/life etc with kids. I was lucky OH works shifts so was 99% of the time able to pick the kids up from school so I was able to work until 5pm. Don't be disapointed, in time the balance does get easier, it just doesn't seem that way now.

Yes you do have th energy & capablity to push through to the next level, just allow yourself some 'me' time to do so.:D

Back