Introduced more exercise

I'm on my way

And my weight loss has stalled,

I have joined the gym as due to the crap weather I wasn't getting out running, so effectively hadn't done anything for over a month,

Had a good loss the week before but this week have put a lb back on, I'm not overly worried as I feel better but has anyone any advice or experience of this?
Inch loss is important but the scales are too, I am easily demotivated and could do with a loss next week!
I want to lose a stone b4 my hols, now in 12weeks,

Thank you
xx

It does seem to happen, and I think it happened to me too! :(

I put on a couple of pounds a few weeks ago and the only reason I could see was possibly that I had really upped the exercise. It followed with a STS the next week, but that was more deserved because I 'relaxed' a bit that week, but it is now coming down again. I kept up with the exercise because I really want to tone up and be fitter as well.

I mixed up my exercise so I didn't get bored with it and use that as an excuse to stop! I also went through my wardrobe and hunted out some clothes to wear that I hadn't been able to get into for a while. I also tried to remember the positive changes that aren't connected directly with what the scales say - like hardly any heartburn (which I used to suffer a lot), more energy in the mornings to get out of bed, even being able to get up off the loo more easily (probably too much information there :D)

Don't lose heart! You said it - inch loss is important - even if the scales don't show quite as big a loss as you are hoping for, you'll look leaner and more toned for your holiday if you keep up the exercise.

Forgot to say - the advice seems to be to drink plenty of water if you are increasing your exercise, as apart from probably sweating more, the muscles use fluid to cushion them if they need to repair themselves, and your body may try to hang onto fluid it 'thinks' it needs, especially at first.

I think this will be me next week as iv joined the gym this week aswell,
But I already feel better and thats the main thing :)

Have to remember the drink more water! I know muscles retain water following exercise so that makes sence! Just invested in some Zaggora (sp?) Capri pants so see if they make any difference too!

how are you doing? after expecting a small gain from the gym i lost 2lbs this week so im happy :)
slow but getting there, thats 7lb since starting ww for me in 4weeks, one member this week lost 8 in her first week
very jealous.. where did i go wrong?!! xx

No STS this week, after +1 last week! Not a happy bunny at the mo! This happens every time, then I lose motivation fall off the wagon and gain even more, just don't know where I'm going wrong

If you are upping the exercise you might find you need to be eating more as crazy as it sounds but that might be why you are gaining or STS. Try eating a few more weeklies or if you eat them all already then work out how many AP you have earnt and eat a few of those. Water is very important too. 2-3ltrs a day. Hope this helps xxxx

No STS this week, after +1 last week! Not a happy bunny at the mo! This happens every time, then I lose motivation fall off the wagon and gain even more, just don't know where I'm going wrong

Noooooo - don't fall off the wagon - we will strap you onto it if you even try to slide off it a bit!!! :D

The exercise is so good for you - I put on 2 lbs the first week I upped mine considerably, then STS the next week, then the next week lost 1lbs, and this week loss 3lbs. I never lose 3lbs in a week, except the first week of WW, when I switched from SW, but .... more people have noticed my weight loss since I started to firm up with the exercise, than before that - even though technically I weighed more for a couple of weeks! I think it is the increased exercise 'catching up' and my body adjusting to the change. I know how fed up you feel, because I did too, but keep going - we'll support you!
console.gif

I agree there is something wierd that happens when exercise is upped which takes a few weeks to settle down. Focus on the inches for a few weeks

Back