Introducing myself

Hello everyone! I am new here... and newly dieting! My name is Kimberley and I am 19 years old. I have 2 children, Emily who is 2 this month and Nathan who has just turned 6 months! I have always battled with my weight. Up until I was 14/15 I was a healthy size 8, but after staying in most nights with OH watching movies and whatever else, I just ate all the time! Out of sheer boredom! I was 13 stone when I fell pregnant with Emily. During pregnancy I went up to 15 stone and two weeks after my c section I weighed myself and I was down to 12 and a half. But again, I was addicted to food! I just kept eating! I was 14 stone when I fell pregnant with Nathan and I gained around a stone. It never came off afterwards! I am now currently 15 and a half stone, and I am now ready to start my diet journey! I go back to college at the end of this month, so I hope by studying and being kept busy during the day I won't have time to even think of gorging on snacks! Right now I am a SAHM and I just can't help but eat! I ordered slim fast shakes and snack bars which came today, and so far so good! I've been on my diet for a couple of days now but now I can proudly say I am on my slim fast diet! Today I had a chocolate flavour slim fast shake for breakfast, which tasted fantastic! I had a strawberry for lunch which wasn't so bad and I've not long had cottage pie for my dinner! I haven't snacks in days and although I know it's for the best and I'm starting to see progress, my stomach is killing me with these hunger pains! I am having no where near as much calories as I usually do! I usually have my three meals + about 500-1,000 in snacks! So going from eating around 3,000 calories a day to around 900 is hard! My stomach rumbles with hunger all day long and I am craving so much chocolate, but I am determined not to give in! Since starting my diet I have been tired, weak, moody and run down. But with the amount of calories I have cut down on it is to be expected! I want to be at least 10 stone, so I have 5stone+ to lose! So far so good!

Wow, just wanted to say well done for having such good motivation in losing weight. I am on the slim fast diet too and found the beginning stages really hard with the hunger pangs but they get easier. The longer you go, the better it is, your stomach shrinks and appetite becomes less. I find that having a slim fast bar at lunch with a piece of fruit is easier than a shake as it feels like I'm actually eating something.
Keep going and congrats!!

Thanks, it definitely is hard! My OH ordered a pizza and chicken tikka pakora for his dinner last night, and I could have cried with frustration! I'm very proud to say I didn't eat a note of it though, as I'd had my whack for the day! I could have murdered him, I did say that having the temptation was good for my resisting, but that was taking it waaay too far! He left most of it, and I was furious! Such a waste! But so far so good, all I have to do now is get my butt in gear and go excersise! It's been raining for the last few days and I have no good jackets but I have an excellent one coming in a couple of days so once it's here I won't have an excuse not to go out! xx

Yep! Just keep up with that exercise and you'll really really notice the difference.
Well done on the resisting of temptation, I ate 3 biscuits tonight after a very bad day but it's forgiven for only soup at lunch and spinning this morning!! Lol xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Your doing so well especially to resist!

If your craving chocolate to the point where your going to have some, remember you can have a small bit for a 100cal snack, i know your not really having them but they are there to have to stop going over board. If your so hungry as wel try Ww soup or home made soup they are brill i used to have my morning snack at 12 with my dinner shake a little later . Snacks help with weight loss even if its fruit it stops your body from going in to starvation hold on to everything mode!

You have done so well so far , i hate wasting food as wel , i suppose thats why i over eat cant bare leaving anything!!

Yep! I think that's the key. To snack on fruit means I stop feeling hungry and am not putting on weight.
Funny you should mention the soups as yesterday I had soup for lunch instead of a bar (as id left them at home) and found that I felt just as full eating that and there's less cals in the ww soup than the SF bar or shake too.
I was just wondering if the more I exercise the more I'm allowed to eat? Will exercising make me hungry?
I'm lucky as a student to be able to work evening shifts as this is when I'm most hungry.. Meaning I can't snack on rubbish !! And can burn off the cals that I've eaten throughout the day.
Take each day as it comes and stay positive. Be happy, not because everything is good, but because you can see the good side of everything :)

Hey Kimberley! I am newly restarted on shakes, got loads to loose but trying to shed as much as I can before getting hitched in December (hopefully). Good luck and keep posting, I find it helps keep me going x

I had an awful day yesterday.. Ate a lot as id had some good news so was celebrating.. Got back from the gym this morning and weighed myself and I've now dropped another 1lb to 8st 13 I couldn't believe it!!
Just proves that if you keep going and have motivation you WILL get there x

Back