Introduction - Hello everyone...

MiMiMaMa

...I'm Laura, 30 yrs old. I have about 3.5 stone to lose. I gave up smoking a year ago and have been piling on the pounds ever since! I am planning to start Weight Watchers (from home) for my new year's resolution and am pretty geared up for it! I've joined MiniMins for extra support and I've been and bought some new scales and I'm going to design myself a food diary and weight loss tracker. I've done WW before and lost 3 stone about 5 years ago. About 6 months ago I tried again but was really struggling, the pounds did not seem to be shifting this time around and weight loss was really slow. I put it down to slow metabolism due to age and not smoking! Anyway this time I plan to exercise more, in the form of walking and hopefully I can shift this blubber. I have felt awful for months, none of my clothes fit, I feel unfit, bloated and photographs look awful so I'm camera dodging and being a bit anti-social as I feel ashamed at my size and also I have no nice clothes and don't want to buy new ones in larger sizes !! I am going to weigh myself on 2 Jan and am determined to succeed :D

Hi Everyone,
I'm Lou, returning minimins member and determined to do it this timer :)
Restart weigh in is 2nd Jan and I'm determined to shift the weight in time for my 40th birthday in 18months.

Hi!
I'm new on here.... Not quite sure what I'm doing yet, but hoping to get the hang of it!
I know how you feel Lou, I lost weight on ww a while ago and then put it all back on plus more!! I tried to do ww again but it just didn't budge... Then I found out I was pregnant. So as you can imagine, 9 months later I was even bigger! My baby girl is 3 months old now and I've just got engaged so I am DESPERATE to lose weight for my wedding! I also gave up smoking when I fell pregnant and so have been eating instead.... Nightmare!
I'm starting the diet of my life on 2nd jan 2013 and I'm quite nervous about it....
You sound very geared up! Good luck :)
Jess

Hey, thanks for the replies , I think it's great you both have targets to lose weight for, a wedding and turning 40 should be great incentives. I've not really got anything in particular yet, just to feel better really as I feel like a slob. I've also been single for 4 years now and have a 4 year old daughter n I feel ready to mingle again so I want to look my best :) we can all support each other :)

Oh and just to agree with you Jessy, is SO hard when you've given up smoking to resist food as it tastes so much nicer and appetite is better etc etc. Nightmare.

Welcome aboard! I too have a four year old (and a 3 month old) and yes because I'm not smoking anymore I tend to replace cigarettes with food.... And also to reward myself for not smoking! Ugh too many vices lol.
Good luck with your mingling :) you will do it and you will start to feel better about yourself! Do you have a weight loss plan? Ww? Sw?
Xx

Sorry! Just re-read what you said.... Ww is great, I'm a big fan of that too. I lost 3 stone on it 3 years ago and felt great! Then I got into a very happy relationship and we ate nice food and wine.... A lot!!

Hey! I'm new on here, and its all a bit scary! Me and my friend are both trying to lose weight together (its her wedding in 2014) and she is doing Ww. I've slowly stopping smoking to, which isn't helping.
:)

I'm a student (a mature one) so watching my pennies!! Anyway I managed to weigh myself and start my diet on Sun 6th. I am 5'11" and I currently weigh 16 stone 5lb :-O it's the heaviest I've EVER been, was so shocked. My BMI is 32. So, I've now got 3 stone 12lb to lose, hopefully this year. My target is 12'7. Anyway, I'm on day 4 now and doing okay. I've not actually been doing WW but just calorie counting. I got the My Fitness Pal app on my iPhone and inputted my height/weight/age etc and to lose 2lb a week it recommends 1,270 calories per day which is what I've been sticking to. I have decided though that my weigh in is going to be a Sat morning and then I am going to have a treat on a Sat night (wine, takeaway or cake). This may be cheating but I feel it's more realistic and Im hoping I'll still lose the weight if I exercise (which at the moment is walking) How are you all getting on? X

pro point advice please

Hello :eek:! I am also new to this. Started ww again last night after about two years. Desperate to lose the weight gained through pregnancy and shift some of my mummy tummy lol. My fiance is also going to give it a go with my guidance but not attend the classes. Could anyone please help me with his pro point daily allowance? I have the older calculator and can't do it on that. He is 25 5ft 6in and is 11st 13lb. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have searched and searched the net:sigh:. Good luck to everyone I am sure we will look fabby this summer xx

He should be on 33 points based on him being moderately active. If he's very active add 2, if not active at all deduct 2. I just googled 'how to work out pro points allowance' and a few came up x

Thank you so much for your help I really appreciate it. I could only find all the ones from when everyone starts at 29 but I joined on Tue night and it has all changed as I am only allowed 28 xx

Hey I am new to site too really finding it hard to do anything x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back