INTRODUCTION (sorry it does go on abit!)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Hazel115, 30 March 2010 Social URL.

1. Hazel115

Hazel115 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.81%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi, I found this forum last night and plucked up the courage to join today!

I'm 30 years old and have been dieting on and off since I was 7, although the sad thing is I don't think I've ever been that overweight - I just never thought I was slim enough. My dad was always on at my mum to lose weight, but she wasn't that big either!

Years of dieting mean I do now have a problem with eating. I'm either 'on' a diet or 'off' a diet and if I'm 'off' a diet then I'm bingeing. I have so many books on how to lose weight it's scary (Out of curiosity I've just counted them and there's 20! oh plus one on its way from Amazon - this one will hold all the answers! lol).

After having my 3 children I joined Slimming World and lost 2 stone, which got me down to 11 st 1, my goal weight was 10 st 12 - which I never made. For some reason I started bingeing first on Slimming World 'free' food and then on 'naughty' food! I have gradually crept back up to 12 st 7. I am so disappointed in myself but I still can't stop eating all the time. I know I don't have alot to lose but my head is absolutely done in! I don't know what plan to stick to and I think I have started my diet 6 times already this month!

Sorry to go on a bit but I would be interested to know if there's anyone else out there like me - not alot of weight to lose but can't seem to do it. I'm driving myself crazy not to mention my other half!:eek: I'm sure he'll be delighted I've found this forum to rant on!

Hazel
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. alibalibee

alibalibee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(35.23%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hiya Hazel and welcome to Minis :)
    x

4. Hazel115

Hazel115 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.81%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi, alibalibee your pictures are amazing! When I see what can be achieved it makes me more determined to sort my head out!

5. Mumma K

Mumma K Gold Member

Start Weight:
    22st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(29.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Welcome to the forum Hazel
    and good luck on your weightloss plan

6. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. You can do it.

Irene xx

7. elaine lo

elaine lo Member

Diet:
    slimmingworld
    hi hazel your pics are great hun
    well done xx

8. Hazel115

Hazel115 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.81%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi not my photos but yes I agree they're great!

9. elaine lo

elaine lo Member

Diet:
    slimmingworld
    opps sorry im new on site and tell truth im lost :-(

10. Peanut1

Peanut1 New Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(8%)
    Diet:
    sw
    Hi I have just joined 10 mins ago and you sound like me im just so weak willed and can't stop eating anything and everything! I need some big time motivation.

11. Hazel115

Hazel115 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.81%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi Peanut1 you've done well to lose a stone already so don't be too hard on yourself. I've been 'good' these past couple of days - been drinking lots of water and eating lots of fruit (spent alot of time running to the toilet for a wee though lol! - good exercise I suppose). My problem is all in my head as I'm too strict with myself and if I eat something I didn't plan on eating I'll think 'oh well I've blown it so might as well make the most of it and eat everything in sight!'. My book from Amazon has just arrived! but I do actually think this one might help. It's the Beck Diet Solution which uses Cognitive Therapy to change the way you think. I'll let you know if it's any good.
    x

12. Peanut1

Peanut1 New Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(8%)
    Diet:
    sw
    Thanks Hazel
    I will try harder its just that frame of mind to say right thats it but i just can't find that frame of mind yet!!

13. jasm1ne

jasm1ne Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    counting calories
    Hi Hazel I am just like you, once I eat something i shouldn't I blow it and eat lots. Had my photo taken with my father last week his 90th birthday. It was photo that convinced me to lose weight for my 60th birthday Sept, just can't have any more photographs taken the weight I am now, just so embarassed lol. Hope the book is good.
    Good Luck with your new start :)
    Jasmine

14. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    Hi Hazel, you sound just like me. I wasnt that big when i decided to hop on the diet bandwagon but 20 odd years later I am bigger than when i started. Have lost weight on every diet you can probably think off ( except cambridge, couldnt do a no food diet) and each time have regained it all and then a bit !!

I binge,beat my self up about it and then binge some more cos i'm upset or mad with myself-sound familiar ?

I have the Beck book and its quite good, but a real revelation has been ' overcomming overeating ' I think its convinced me to take a break from the stress of it all !!

Good luck with your journey

15. Hazel115

Hazel115 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.81%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi Jasmine thanks for your message. Have you decided what diet you're going to do?

This forum is fantastic! I think it will be really good support, especially when I need something to do so I stay out of the kitchen!

Good luck losing weight before your 60th, I'm sure you can do it if you keep focussed on having a better photograph taken. Maybe stick the one you don't like on the fridge as a reminder??

Hazel
    x

16. Hazel115

Hazel115 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.81%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi MommyB, yes definitely sounds familiar! Who is 'overcoming overeating' by? I don't know if I have that in my vast collection! lol x

17. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    Overcoming Overeating Book Information

Link to their website with some info ,tho they myst have reprinted the book cos mine has a bright pink cover. I have to say it has really helped me, tho I am not there yet !!

Hope you find it of some interest

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. jasm1ne

jasm1ne Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    counting calories
    uuuugghhh!! I hate that photo :D yes that would probably keep me out the fridge :D

20. Hazel115

Hazel115 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.81%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Thanks MommyB, sounds interesting. My husband laughs everytime a new book arrives from Amazon but I do gain something from each one I read - almost like adding pieces to a jigsaw puzzle. So I'm going to order a copy of that one too! I'll have to buy a bigger bookcase soon lol!

21. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    well at least you are loosing pounds of one kind !! LOL

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.