IRELAND

Discussion in 'Holidays' started by appleaday, 12 June 2011 Social URL.

1. appleaday

appleaday Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.22%)
    Diet:
    My Own
    Going Ireland in about a month, basically is there any places that we must go to in Dublin?

I've been Ireland soooo many times before because my dads family all live there in the west of Ireland but never been to the capital, just driven through. So that's why i want to know :D Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. polly_pepper

polly_pepper *reformed* sugar junkie

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(10.36%)
    Diet:
    Insulin Resistance (2/1 carb/protein ratio)
    Touristy type things? I gather the Queen approved of the Guinness Storehouse :D Other suggestions are to tour Kilmainham Gaol (jail), take the DART (suburban train) out to Howth or Malahide (lovely views of the sea and nice villages to eat lunch in and walk around, Malahide also has a castle that's worth a peek if you're into that), be a shameless tourist in Temple Bar (drinks and food are pricey but you're paying for the atmosphere). Also the Wicklow Mountains are good if you're here for a few days.

4. L.M.O.

L.M.O. Full Member

Dublin castle, the bullet holes in the GPO, the natural history museum (known as the dead zoo)

5. appleaday

appleaday Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.22%)
    Diet:
    My Own
    the dead zoo sound nice lol i'm imagining it is like the one in london :D Thanks guys

6. L.M.O.

L.M.O. Full Member

It's creepy. It's basically full of dead stuffed animals. We went about 10 years ago. As I remember it didn't take long to do - but it was worth. I think there's a whisky distillery somewhere just outside Dublin.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.