Is all pasta the same?

LisaC

Gold Member
I want to try to vary the meals I eat but would it make no difference if one day I was to have penne pasta with passata/veg & then quorn spaghetti bolognaise the next day etc etc?? Whatever else I throw in with it will always be different but would having different types of pasta often still be too samey?

Thanks ladies. So if, for example, I was to live off pasta (not that I would!) just different types & with different foods thrown it, it would still be ok?

I think it's fine to have pasta every day if you want, but not for every meal IYKWIM

I'm still of the train of thought that says 'Free means FREE!' if you want pasta for brekkie, go for it!

fresh pasta is the one made with egg that you buy in supermarkets or make at home.
dried pasta is the hard stuff that comes in packets.

i don't know the first thing about SW but would you make a "syn-free" fresh pasta if you were to make a sardinian type, i.e. no egg? i have made a wheat and water 'pasta' before to make wonton wrappers

Flour is syns, so if you used flour to make it then you would have to syn it.

I couldn't be doing with the hassle of making my own pasta, same with sushi, when Tescos is so tasty and low in syns.

Flour is syns, so if you used flour to make it then you would have to syn it.

I couldn't be doing with the hassle of making my own pasta, same with sushi, when Tescos is so tasty and low in syns.
But the dried pasta is made from wheat flour in the first place :confused: The SW system undoubtedly works but it is utterly baffling to me!

I'd probably not make pasta either if I was doing SW (as opposed to definitely not on CD)!

Anyway sorry for barging in :)

Pasta for breakfast ... now THAT is an idea :)

Technically you are allowed to eat unlimited pasta all day every day if you so wish ... in fact that is one of the things that brought me to SW lol.

In reality you would probably bore of it quickly, and I have red a few posts today and yesterday that suggest weight loss works a little better if you vary you foods every now and then.

But technically, so long as you had you HEa and HEb choices, and you accounted for anything you had with the pasta, then yes that would be fine I believe.

Dried versus fresh. The wheat used in fresh pasta is much softer and silkier It has a water content of about 30% which means you could probably eat much much more than you could could of dried pasta. Think of the "bite" dried pasta has when cooked, you never get that with fresh pasta and it is that bite and starch which fills you up so it is more difficult to eat shed loads at a time xx

Is there a difference between wholemeal pasta and normal pasta? Are they both ok? I only ask as I swaped from white to wholemeal bread when I started the plan, and was actually amazed at how much it fills me up, and am hoping wholemeal pasta will the same? x

thanks....thats good as i just brought a mahoosive bag!! hee hee.

Back