Is Ally set to succeed this time?!

Alycyn1980

Addicted to Minimins!!!

I thought I would start a little daily diary, not going to post loads but just general thoughts and how I am feeling :)

Yesterday was my 1st weigh in and lost 2lbs, happy with this and if I keep losing 2lbs a week I will be happy.

Decided that I will give my self the year to get to my goal weight and if I reach this earlier then - yay for me!

I have been on & off diets for years now but this is the 1st attempt at SW, previously been on WW and MFP both which worked but not something that was suitable for maintaining - eventually get fed up of counting points and calories all the time & then go back to eating they way I did and hence starting WW bigger than I have ever been :cry: I am liking the freedom of SW choices already and at the moment just taking the time to get used to what I can and cannot have (within reason).

I have a suitcase full of clothes that I cannot wear but I cannot bear to throw away (some are still tagged). I usually keep my 'fat' clothes when they are too big for me but I have been told by other half that as things get too big I am throwing them away so that I do not have the thought of I can put on a little more weight as I have clothes that will fit me.

Anyhoo - just a brief of me and as the days go on I will add more of the history!!!

Ta ta :thankyou: for reading

I have decided that it may be easier to keep a blog daily rather than the forum part. Never created a blog so should be interesting but imagine it is really just a diary!!!
:eek:

Today I am on my own, other half has been sent away for a few days so just need to think of myself for dinner which should make things a little easier as I always feel that we should have a meal rather than beans on toast or something!!!

As part of MFP group that I am still a part of my challenge this week has been to drink 70oz water per day, burn 1000cals a wk & stay under sodium levels of 2500mg a day. Yesterday was the end of wk 1 of March and I pretty much failed!! I only burned 551cals on the last day as I have not been exercising this week at all, this was just sheer laziness on my part though . Managed to stay under the sodium as I have cut out all salt – do not add to food when cooking or when it is on my plate but it is quite difficult to track. Now the water I am OK with through the week as I have access to the loo as drinking that amount makes me need to go on a regular basis so I tend not to drink as much at the weekends otherwise I would be confined to the house. Did not drink as much through the week though as I kept forgetting to take diluting juice into work and I don’t really like plain water and drinking the cold water was making me absolutely freezing!!! Remember the juice and now I am just using slightly cooled boiled water with it and it is going down a treat and managing to drink over & above what I need to :)

am feeling a little off today, very tired and a bit of an iffy tummy, hope doesn’t last as driving home tonight to visit the family approx 180miles south! It could be to do with all the fruit I have been eating as not ate this much in a long time but I am managing a few bits now each day plus some veg but that was never a problem – I would prefer to sit and eat cut up veg than fruit!!!!
Looking forward to going home though, better circumstances this time as last time was when my puppy had to get put to sleep :cry: This time it is for my birthday :bday:Downside going out to a Chinese buffet for dinner so I am just going to have to pick everything out the sauce and stay away from deserts an d not have any drink but again that not a problem, pretty much T Total most of the time

Never managed any exercise last night as had to go get diesel, do a wee shop, go home tidy up and prepare dinner then get bag packed!!! Also had to get all the things ready for a woman that is going to be feeding our cats & fish & this is the 1st time she will be feeding the cats so had to make sure all food was out, my list that I was leaving was accurate for her etc!! I am so worried though in case she forgets but I know this is her business so she cannot afford to!!! Love my cats to pieces and the thought of them not getting looked after properly is never far from my mind!!! Happy when back Sunday night :)
Got all my food to take down the road (to make sure I stay on plan) but it is in the work fridge. I ALWAYS forget about stuff I stick in the fridge as I am just wanting out the door & home but I have put a sticky on my phone so that I hopefully remember. My Phillie Cadbury is in there so I better not forget it!!!!
Och, one of the people that I work with has just come up to the office and his breath is absolutely disgusting, actually makes me feel physically sick :sign0137:I wish I had the courage to say something to him but it is not my style, luckily he only dropped something off rather than sitting next to me!! Is that a bad thing?!!!!!

10-11.03.2012

Ahh just lost this and I had written a fair bit

Had a good weekend away down the road and I did not feel like I was on a diet at all so well impressed

Friday

Driving down the road I usually end up with a grab a bag of Walkers and a big bag of Giant Milky Buttons which are so yummy so instantly diet broke and not even down the road yet This time however - nada :woohoo:

When got down the road there was not drink just pints of diluting juice

Saturday,
Fine through the day - had my cereal for brekkie and an apple in the afternoon. At night was Chinese Buffet time and I was dreading this as I did not think I would have the motivation I was ACE!!!! I had salad with cold meat and light tuna pasta for starters and for the mains I scooped out meat/veg from the sauce, had half a plate of volcano mushrooms and some boiled rice, oh and 3 salt & pepper chips!!!! I did not feel like I was missing out on anything and thoroughly enjoyed what I had For a treat I had a scoop of ice cream and 3 marshmallows for the chocolate fountain. Once again no drink!!!

Sunday
Cereal in the morning and took mum out for early Mothers Day as I will not see her. Went to one of the local garden Centres that does lovely homemade food including cakes BUT I had a green tea, no cakes & a baked potato and beans with a small salad, again I enjoyed this but I did miss my cake. On the way home I had some fruit and when I got home I had Savoury Rice with cooked chicken (hot sauce for flavour) and some carrots and broccoli - needed it as I was starving!!! As a wee treat I had my phillie choccy - this has been the best find :)

So all in all a good weekend and is always good going home but hard to leave the family but good to get back to my own bed :)

Ta ta :bighug:

12-13.03.2012

It is actually Tuesday but I had a full day course away from work and computers!!!!

I had been panicing a bit about this as I was not sure how lunch was going to work and did not take any of my own things in apart from some fruit!!! Was OK as turned out as there was a buffet style lunch - got given a voucer for 1 starter and a main or main and a pudding and a bottle of water. Good old me I only had a main of Salad, cold ham and beef with a bottle of water and an apple I had taken with me :)

A problem with this though was that I did not get in my HEx A & B through the day & had already planned dinner so I was struggling with this but ended up with A - 2 babybel light & B - Weetabix Oaty White Choc so ended the day well.

Reason for no HE's through the day is that I am trying not to eat the same thing everyday so that I do not get bored as I normally have cereal in the morning when I get into work.

Went home last night after work and my poor fish had died - he was an Tiger Oscar and has such a personaltiy (weighed him as he is a big fish & he was 600g!!!) My OH had to remove him from the tank and bury him out the back :cry:

13.03.2012 - My birthday :candle1:

I was panicing this morning - couldn't access Minimins :eek: Felt like I had lost a part of me!!!!

This is my 2nd weigh in so I am hoping that I at least STS as was out at the weekend but no drink & did not completly over indulge so I would be OK with that. I usually have a treat after Wi but OH has been sent to Newcastle and by time I get out of class it is nearly 8pm by the time I get home so not much time to make something. Mite stop by the chippy but will see how I feel later - plus its my burthday and I would like a treat - I prefer savoury to sweet so chips would hit the spot!!!

Thinking of all the Families in Dunblane today - it is 16years since the school shootings and I am sure it hurts just as much now as it did then.

I hope everyone has a good day and good luck to all the Tuedays WI's!

I may post more later as it is only 11am!!!!

13.03.2012 add on

The rest of the day went OK, work was pretty boring and I was struggling to get things done - no motivation at all :sigh:
Made my dinner when got in as had WI tonight so that I was not having to do this at 8 when I got back in, not usually a problem but my OH is away and not there to make it!!! This turned out to be a good choice as I also now have lunch for tomorrow.

Had some Rice Crispie Bites as a treat for my birthday and wathced The Biggest Loser USA & the final of The Biggest Loser GB. Also got in there Embarassing Bodies - always interesting!

All in all I still think I never went too much over on any Syns I may have had left from the weekend!! Start afresh tomorrow :angel09:

Another Ally :D Good luck, and congrats on the weight loss so far :D

Well thats it official another year older by a day - still feel in my early 20's which is why it is so hard to lose weight as I never really had a problem till I hit about 25 & moved to Aberdeen!!!!

Had an OK day I suppose but I am just so tired all the time with no motivation. I have not even attempted to exercise in over & week!!! I really need to get in gear and start doing something, I have so many things in the house and a beach 5mins from my house so there really is no excuse for me apart from my own laziness :(

Planned a wee sleep when I got home but I made myself tidy things up bit and get a wash on before making dinner where I proceded to watch Supersize V superskinny then Obese a Year to Save my Life. You would think this would give me some moticavation, I mean the boy in Obese lose 313lbs in a year - that should be motivation but nothing!!! :slap:

Another thing that is bugging me is that I am eating healthily - loads fruit & veg, drinking plenty of water & green tea and I have 4 massive spots appear on my chin - not little pimple things but lumpy sore red ones that are shiny - I always get these and thought they would clear :sigh2:

Ah well tomorrow is another day and closer to the weekend :)

Feeling really hungry today, not sure why as I have eaten as much as I normally would have!!! Still not feeling right either – may need to go get some bloods done or something, sometimes my iron levels get low.
Well today has been a quick day actually, it’s now 3pm and stopping for tea. Orange this afternoon again I think.
Going to OH’s Mums tonight as she flies out to Phoenix on Sat so we won’t see her for Mothers Day, have already thought out my dinner & brought rice with me and OH has kindly nipped into Adsa to get me some Ready to Eat Peppered Steak and some veggies – sorted :)
On way home will be nipping in to Pets at Home if still open and see about getting some new fishes. We had a 600g Tiger Oscar that died at the beginning of the week and the tank is so bare looking without him in it – he was bright orange camouflage and had such a personality but he was massive so will just get some wee fishes as the tank being too small may have contributed to him passing :cry:
At least tomorrow Friday, booked tickets to go and see The Devil Inside – so looking forward to it, its been a long time since I watched something scary (was banned for a while as I was suffering from quite graphic nightmares). If OK with this I am going to go buy Paranormal Activity and watch them as they are also meant to be proper scary :eek:

Oooh i really want to see The Devil Inside! It looks scary, i havent seen a proper scary film for ages either! The Paranormal Activities are quite scary, they're jumpy more than 'scary' though!

I am so glad that it is Friday – feeling pretty low today and just wanting a good old cry, pretty grumpy as well and it is taking all my strength not to snap at people!!

I have just entered a 226 line order into our work system and I have noticed some of the prices are wrong and I may have missed a couple of items, I am going to have to go through it all line by line to check it is all correct. My head is sc up my ass at the moment it is unbelievable. Well just done this and the total costs do not seem to add up – away for a triple check.

Hope today goes quick as I don’t think I am going to last!!! Out here at 4 then home to get ready & back out to watch The Devil Inside J Been looking through the forums for snacks etc to take with me so that I do not overeat as I am also out for dinner tomorrow so really need to be careful – it is our 10yr anniversary of sorts (not married & no plans to so got to celebrate something!!!!) For the cinema I think it is some grapes and some Mikado sticks as these seem to be best for lasting J

Well it is now 1245 and that is my order finally completed. I am also very hungry, not sure why this is as I have eaten my usual – body may be getting used to it? Maybe I should try some porridge in the mornings as that would be more filling perhaps!! Talking of porridge I am going to be making magic pancakes tonight for tomorrow, think I will have a ‘grill’ up for lunch and try these so will just be trying plain vanilla yogurt and see how goes!!! Need to stop typing and thinking about food as I still have 40mins to go before my lunchtime!!!!

Just been cheered up – I left my old job about 6months ago and I still keep in touch and the girl who took over my job is permanently *****ing that I am trying to tell her how to do her job (I have never done this so she is making things up between the lines!!!!), anyway, just been told that she was not doing something as it was me that had started it and it was not her job (helloooo I am no longer there to finish AND she has taken over my position!!!), one of the managers told her if that was the case that she could easily call me as I was very efficient in my job and I had a good memory and I would probably be able to give her the answer, seemingly the girls face was a picture!!!!!

Got a meeting at 2 so I will have slightly earlier lunch as it is one of the bosses and I need to head over to a different building!!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day and I will call it quits on the diary for today. I will update on the film tomorrow J

Hey All

Not posted to the diary for a few days, I have been on the site reading posts & updating my Food Diary etc.

I feel as though I am constantly eating to fit everything in. If I dont have cereal in the morning I struggle with the HEx's. Last night I had toast/cheese to use these up but I did not really want to eat. I am going to have to invest in the bars and some cheese triangles or babybel or something so that I can just snack rather than have a meal of sorts!!!

Had been OK on the fruit side but I am struggling - I am not a great fruit lover and would normally eat fruit from a tin for easiness really but these need to be syned or the HEx ones I do not like!!!! Ah well never mind just need to plan more and prepare my food diary the night before and get everything all chopped up & ready to go, found I am liking Melon & Strawberries so may keep that up.

Just a little rant this morning as not been on for a while, put in more in a wee while as need to get to my morning meeting.

Hope everyone is having a good day :)

22.03.2012 - Addition - Is this normal?

Feeling really fat & bloated today, this is now making me feel really low – think today is going to be a down day L I even feel heavy walking about, like I am clumping and not being able to lift legs properly!!!! Maybe *wk (would just be a guess though!!)

Started my 30DS last night again – I need to keep telling myself that it is only a half hour and is not going to beat/break me!!!! I have written on the dartboard the 30days and scoring them off as I go so hopefully a visual aid will keep me motivated!!!! There is also a picture of me a couple of yrs ago at my cousins communion and both me and my partner never realised how fat I actually was – I mean I knew I had put on weight but my eyes were almost closed with the fat from my cheeks :eek: My Aunt gave me up the picture and I was disgusted with myself when I seen it. I have lost some weight but it seems to have been from the face alone. This picture is above the TV where I do my exercising!!! Will be happy when my waist band no longer digs into me and my bras are comfortable and no longer digging in!

Well nearly lunchtime – thankfully as after not feeling too hungry earlier on I am now looking forward to my beans and ryvita. Not sure if this will be a good combo as never had before but I ran out of bread!!!!! :sigh:

Another thing that I am fiding is that I am getting a lot of spots on my face, my chest area and top of my arms. I thought that with drinking a lot of water and eating a lot more fruit and veg that the spots that I used to get mainly on my chin would disappear but they are appearing all over the place just now. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this or is it just basically taking time to get all the toxins & crap out my system? :confused:

TTFN J

Hey all

I was going to attempt to write in my diary every day but I am only really on my computer at work (spend all day on it so last thing I want to do it put computer on when I get home!!!!)

Felling a bit bummed at the moment, have only lost 5.5lbs and I thought it would have been more. It does work out at 1lb a wk which I know is good as this in a year is 52lbs (3st 10lbs) which is what I am looking to lose (well only the 3st) so I shouldn't complain. I had even started exercising this week and was proper getting into it but hurt my knee which is still a little painful even to walk so I think that major exercise is out for another week :(

Apart from that I am enjoying SW, the only thing that bugs me is having to prepare all my fruit etc the night before as I am up at 530 every morning. This shouldn't be a major problem but I was so used to just picking something from the cupboard and walking out!!!!! My other problem is that I buy salad stuff as I do enjoy a nice crunchy salad but once the packet is open the lettuce is going all brown tinged by the next day even though it is in a sealed container. I cannot afford to buy the individual salad packs all the time (plus these do not have a decent date on them).

My motivation at the moment is that I am looking forward to sitting at my desk with my trousers not digging into my belly and leaving horrible marks & not having to open the buttons to give myself more room (size up too big, current size just too small - damn inbetween sizes!!!!)

Ah well moan over - better get to work now!!!

Ta ta :wavey:

Hi Everyone

Not been on the diary for a while though I update my food diary almost daily.

I am now 7wks in and I have lost 9.5lbs :happy036: Now this may not seem much to some people but I am more than happy with that after some real thought and reading my previous posts. I am happy with losing 1lb a week as in a year this will be my goal weight & more so would allow for some gains etc when on holiday if I happen to go off plan.

I am finding the EE fairly simple to follow but I feel that I still struggle with the 1/3 with every meal. In the mornings I am not a great eater but need something to fill me up so the thought of 'breakfast' then more fruit on top of that is a struggle. This is also the case @ the weekends as my time is all over the place. Through the week I am up @ 530, breakfast @ 7 then snack @ 1030 but at the weekend I am not getting up till about 10-1030ish so this is usually when I have breakfast then I tend not to eat until dinner. I would think that if I managed the 1/3 everyday exactly I would lose more but I suppose I am still losing so it is working to an extent for me. Might just need to buy pre-packed prepared fruit as I also hate preparing & peeling fruit or I probably would eat a lot more as I love oranges & Kiwis but cannot be bothered with the prep (dont get long for breaks at work and they go all funny if prepare the night before :( ) but the pre-prepared are so expensive to buy everyday plus where I stay the nearest supermarket is 8miles away.

Ah well, wee rant over and time for work. If anyone has any ideas on how to make this a bit simpler for me PLEASE let me know!!!!

Ta ta :wavey:

Back