Is anyone doing Diet Now VLCD?

Nelly D

Hi everyone,
Is there anyone out there doing total meal replacement using Diet Now shakes. I've started today on an 8 week journey (hopefully) and expect it to be much like the other VLCD's, but it would be great if I could find someone using the same product to swap progress with.

Hi both. Sorry about delay in replying but have not been very active on here due to illness. I'd posted in another thread that for the first week I didn't do total replacement and had a normal evening meal. Was chuffed to have lost 4lbs that way and was going for total last week but was unwell which meant all thoughts of diet fell by the wayside. I did do my 2nd weigh in on Monday and was surprised that I still lost 1lb even though I'd been eating all the easy stuff - sandwiches and processed foods mainly, and lets not forget the biscuits and chocolate :eek:. Hoping to get back on track now I'm up and about so that'll give me 4 days to knuckle down. Am going to wait until next weigh in before I switch over to total as I'm still not 100%.

November_girl - I did Exante which was reasonable cost wise. I liked the shakes but hated the meals and that was what I'd bought most of out of the range so that was an epic fail. My willpower isn't brilliant either so it'd be great to have some diet buddies.

Pigletville - Well done on your amazing loss so far. Are you on another VLCD? I can echo November_girl here - the Diet Now shakes do taste really good

Pigletville - Well done on your amazing loss so far. Are you on another VLCD? I can echo November_girl here - the Diet Now shakes do taste really good
Hi Nelly, I was on keto, but after initially losing, I reached a plateau for about 6 months, and so I switched to Exante. It's a bit boring, but it's pushed me on a bit in the last five weeks, so quite happy. I have so much going on in my life right now, that not having to think about food/cook is working for me. Normally, I'd probably be a bit grumpy by now that I couldn't cook and create. 😊

I’m a newbie and this is my first post. Am visiting my Diabetic Nurse in my Drs practice this week. My husband is coming to show family support. I’ve researched for months how best to deal and decided to go with 800 cals per day using vlcd replacement meal diet to try to reverse my T2 Diabetes. Just received my first 4 weeks food today (actually 3 weeks since 800 not 600). Will reassess best way to lose rest of my excess weight after first 8 weeks. Feeling excited!

Hi Nelly, I was on keto, but after initially losing, I reached a plateau for about 6 months, and so I switched to Exante. It's a bit boring, but it's pushed me on a bit in the last five weeks, so quite happy. I have so much going on in my life right now, that not having to think about food/cook is working for me. Normally, I'd probably be a bit grumpy by now that I couldn't cook and create. 😊
Wished I could get into the mindset. Mind you, not feeling so good over the last couple of weeks hasn't helped. I haven't managed to knuckle down and get on track so I won't be at all surprised if I haven't put back on the 5lbs I've lost 🙄. Tomorrow will tell...

I’m a newbie and this is my first post. Am visiting my Diabetic Nurse in my Drs practice this week. My husband is coming to show family support. I’ve researched for months how best to deal and decided to go with 800 cals per day using vlcd replacement meal diet to try to reverse my T2 Diabetes. Just received my first 4 weeks food today (actually 3 weeks since 800 not 600). Will reassess best way to lose rest of my excess weight after first 8 weeks. Feeling excited!
Hi. Welcome Grainne. I'm struggling at the minute and haven't really got going with totally replacing my meals, which is what I'd like to do. Like you I wanted to use the vlcd to kick start and then reassess, but I'm neither doing one thing or the other. I've not been well for close on 2 weeks though, which hasn't helped. Have you ever done vlcd before? Good luck with reversing your T2. That's a concern of mine also. I haven't got it but am worried that I'm heading that way as my parents have it.

:D. Weighing! is more like it, LOL. Put back on 2lb of the 5 I'd lost :eek:

Funny thing is - even though I expected it and I knew the reasons why, I'm still gutted. Probably because all my life I've been a serial yo-yo dieter.

Better 'woman' up and update my ticker to show the gain otherwise I fear I may slide even further. Restart here I come...

another newbie here, (not to dieting just this forum) I lost 8 stone doing a vlcd but gained half of it back so here I am starting chapter 2 I did it once, I can do it again (hopefully) I use 'keediet' , 'billys diet' and 'new you' depending what is on offer plus I have glucomannan capsules to help with hunger x

:D. Weighing! is more like it, LOL. Put back on 2lb of the 5 I'd lost :eek:

Funny thing is - even though I expected it and I knew the reasons why, I'm still gutted. Probably because all my life I've been a serial yo-yo dieter.

Better 'woman' up and update my ticker to show the gain otherwise I fear I may slide even further. Restart here I come...
another newbie here, (not to dieting just this forum) I lost 8 stone doing a vlcd but gained half of it back so here I am starting chapter 2 I did it once, I can do it again (hopefully) I use 'keediet' , 'billys diet' and 'new you' depending what is on offer plus I have glucomannan capsules to help with hunger x
Hi Lainiee
Well done on losing 8 stone before. Even though you've put some back on, you're still starting at a better place. Do you just want to lose what you gained or more. I'd be interested to know if out of the products you use, do you think there's one that combats your hunger better x

Hi all. I am back - lost 8 1/2 stone and put most of it back on. I've slowly lost some doing low fat high fat/keto - and am now rebooting with 5 sachets a day and low carb veg. The complete disruption and weekly monitoring works for me. I look forward to keeping you all company!

Hi all. I am back - lost 8 1/2 stone and put most of it back on. I've slowly lost some doing low fat high fat/keto - and am now rebooting with 5 sachets a day and low carb veg. The complete disruption and weekly monitoring works for me. I look forward to keeping you all company!
Hi AliGal. Welcome onboard. If you've done it before you can do it again. The veg are a good idea as what I'm finding is that I miss chewing something. I'm not hungry but it's coping with not having 'real' food. The trouble with me is that I'm all or nothing - once I start I can't stop ( except for VLC shakes 😅). Think I need my jaws wired...🤣

Thanks. Some of my favourites are in unlimited veg - so must be v v low carb: fennel, celery, mushrooms, asparagus, cucumber (which I also eat hot - stir fried in chunks with some salt) and aubergine.

Sounds like a plan 😁. So you're eating the veg in addition to the recommended replacement meal packs. Have you tried it without the veg, and if so, does the addition of the veg make much of an impact on the rate of weight loss?

It's part of the plan - so 5 sachets 20g protein and 120-130 calories and allowed veg still keeps it to 800 a day. Weight loss typically a stone or 1 1/2 stone a month.

Hi. Welcome Grainne. I'm struggling at the minute and haven't really got going with totally replacing my meals, which is what I'd like to do. Like you I wanted to use the vlcd to kick start and then reassess, but I'm neither doing one thing or the other. I've not been well for close on 2 weeks though, which hasn't helped. Have you ever done vlcd before? Good luck with reversing your T2. That's a concern of mine also. I haven't got it but am worried that I'm heading that way as my parents have it.
Weigh-in at doctors after first 2 weeks on vlcd - I’d lost 6.2 kg ie 13.5 lbs or nearly a stone! Thrilled to bits!!!

Back