is anyone keeping ww quiet from friends?

CLH_X3

Gold Member
Just wonder if im the only one thats not telling everyone there on a diet ..

Some people know im on a diet like my partner, folks, and probs about 3-4 friends... but no one else knows..

I dont know why im keeping it a secret.. I guess i just want someone to say 'have you lost weight?' rather then just saying it because they know i am dieting and trying..

Loads of my friends are the type of people that would just ask or say as were all outgoing so i guess im just waiting for someone to say it...

18.5lbs down and not one comment yet though, i think il have to lose another 7-1stone before anyone notices though :cool:

I'm the same - told a few friends but not everyone and again those I've not told haven't noticed!! Hoping for my first stone today (although not sure I've done it!) so wish me luck!!!

I like to keep it quiet as well, I think for me I feel like I jinx myself if I tell people. All of a sudden I feel like I have put myself under a heap of pressure as people will start asking me how i am doing and then I fall off the wagon.

This time round only a few people know, my husband and close family and my work colleagues.

Hopefully people will start to notice soon, i have lost nearly 2.5 stone and no-one has said anything to me either:-(

I also keep it quiet! My boyfriend and close family know..no one else..althought friends/work mates etc have all noticed which is nice :)

Paula - good luck!

Sarah - hope they notice soon!!

Star kissed - well done on your weight loss!

A few friends know, parts of my family kno. And the rest know I am just working to improve things. I'm keeping it low key so I don't add pressure and also to remind myself that I am doing it for me.. not for other people :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Only my husband and mother-in-law know. I only started 1 week ago and have lost 4.5lbs. Hopefully by the time warmer weather gets here my friends will notice a difference.

I've told most people but only when I have to like if I'm invited out etc, that war there's no way I can fall off the wagon so to speak! I've lost 9lb and my sister said she can tell, whether it's just to make me feel better I don't know but it felt great! :)

The only people who know are hubby and kids and a woman at work. I don't like telling people until they notice. When they do first notice I deny it and say I'm wearing something new which is flattering.

I especially keep it from my mum or else she would be on the phone every night telling me what she has had ........ and I mean every mouthful. She is a very overpowering person and would completely take over my weight loss and focus it all on her. A few years ago we went to class together and I had to leave because of her, she nearly had me in tears one night. I love her to bits, but sometimes blood isn't thicker than water!!!

Iv had so many times before we're iv told people and failed so this is why it's low key this time .. But I can defo see what you mean .

Every time I weigh I text two people, my mum n my oh ... I was txting a friend aswel that was doing ww but she's stopped doing it now so iv stopped texting ..

The only reason about 3-4 friends know is because I go to ww with one of them and a couple of our mutel friends know

Just wonder if im the only one thats not telling everyone there on a diet ..

Some people know im on a diet like my partner, folks, and probs about 3-4 friends... but no one else knows..

I dont know why im keeping it a secret.. I guess i just want someone to say 'have you lost weight?' rather then just saying it because they know i am dieting and trying..

Loads of my friends are the type of people that would just ask or say as were all outgoing so i guess im just waiting for someone to say it...

18.5lbs down and not one comment yet though, i think il have to lose another 7-1stone before anyone notices though :cool:

Ah I understand why but remember some people might not like to ask "have you lost weight" as it implies you had weight to lose/were overweight to start with lol!!

I on the otherhand cannot help but bleet about ww. All my family know (it encouraged my sis to switch from SW to WW and shes lost over a stone already!) Some people at Uni know. I often have fbook statuses if i've had a good weightloss.

Either way, I am so proud of what I have accomplished and think why would I keep it a secret - plus it often makes people double take when they know im on a diet but can see the things i am allowed to eat lol!

Bask in your success!! xx

I'm exactly the same, my OH, family and a few friends know I'm dieting, but like you, I wanted people to comment on weight loss because they actually noticed it rather than because they knew I was dieting.
Until this week, I'd had no comments off anyone when suddenly 4 people from completely different friendship groups all noticed this week! It's a fab feeling!
:)

I like to keep it quiet as well, I think for me I feel like I jinx myself if I tell people. All of a sudden I feel like I have put myself under a heap of pressure as people will start asking me how i am doing and then I fall off the wagon.

This time round only a few people know, my husband and close family and my work colleagues.

Hopefully people will start to notice soon, i have lost nearly 2.5 stone and no-one has said anything to me either:-(

they will do hon . i think some people dont like to say anything. xx

oh and all my friends know im on a diet (well healthy eating i dont like to call it a diet) but only my doctor and OH know how much i weigh. oh and u guys on here looooool x

they will do hon . i think some people dont like to say anything. xx

oh and all my friends know im on a diet (well healthy eating i dont like to call it a diet) but only my doctor and OH know how much i weigh. oh and u guys on here looooool x

Not even my OH knows........ For years I have been heavier than him. Although I am now lighter I am still not ready to tell him.

Not even my OH knows........ For years I have been heavier than him. Although I am now lighter I am still not ready to tell him.

Has he noticed the difference ?

OOH what a good thread. I havent told hubby but have told two friends. If i tell hubby he will watch and criticise every mouthfull.

x

Well done on the fab loss. Don't you think it's bl**dy amazing that you can do WW and nobody notices. That's how easy it is as you don't have to eat different food and can have nice things as well.

Only my immediate family and one friend from church knows. I am another who doesn't want to jinx things.

well i had someone one monday say iv lost weight 'loads' as they put it! .. very happy that someone noticed and then last night one of my OH friends was over and he asked have i lost weight aswel :D i just played it down and said a little bit and changed convo.. Happy ! :D

Back