Is anyone's target weight date getting further and further away?

stivesliz

Gold Member
Oh dear is all I can say. I got to 4 stone last September - a year on I have lost 3 stone 5 and have hovered around the 3 and a half stone mark for about 11 months.

I love graphs and charts and I keep making them, forecasting when I will be at target but I have to keep readjusting them to accommodate my constant yo yo-ing!

Currently, I am aiming to be at target the week before Christmas, but bearing in mind that originally my target weight was meant to be reached LAST Christmas I need to give myself a kick up the bum!

Does anyone else have this problem lol?

When I was first heading to target I was very focussed and driven to get there and get there I did BUT I am having to get back to it again and this time I am taking a more scenic route. I haven't got as far to go thankfully but I feel although its good to have a goal/target in mind I have learnt that 'it' doesn't stop there so I may as well take it easy.
Don't know if it makes any sense what I'm trying to say? Keep at it you are doing great x

I have given up with the slimming world graph!!!! I should be at target by now according to the graph in march/april time! I got a bit obsessed with it all so now i don't do it at all! I will do it in my own sweet time, and no matter when it is i will be proud as its the act not the time limit lol xxx

Oh dear is all I can say. I got to 4 stone last September - a year on I have lost 3 stone 5 and have hovered around the 3 and a half stone mark for about 11 months.

I love graphs and charts and I keep making them, forecasting when I will be at target but I have to keep readjusting them to accommodate my constant yo yo-ing!

Currently, I am aiming to be at target the week before Christmas, but bearing in mind that originally my target weight was meant to be reached LAST Christmas I need to give myself a kick up the bum!

Does anyone else have this problem lol?

God yes, I expected to be at target within a year and at present I am looking at that being 2 years. Like you I slipped abck from my lowest weight & have hovered around the 3 st mark for the last 6 months or so, bit on thep lus side, I think I've figured out this whole maintaining thing :)

I realised the other day that the main reason I was struggling to get myself back into it was becuase there was no one in my group who had lost as much as me - the exception being a woman who has gone off to have a baby. In my head I'd convnced myself that actually it just wasn't possible to loose anymore.

Then, this week, a member turned up (from another group) & got her 4stone award. It was a proper light bulb moment for me. It can be done, it is possible, I've now seen it with my own eyes. Basically, i had a word with myself.

I'm so like you Liz its unreal! Been at the same weight for a year now! Heading on holidays in 7 weeks with a skinny b!tch :rolleyes: so I need to get my act together or it'll ruin my holidays! Even if I have a st off me by then i'll be happy!

Hi Liz, try not to be so hard on yourself. Dont think "I should be at target by such a date" Thats a lot of pressure to put upon yourself. So long as youre losing you will get there! And you are focused and motivated and you go every week, you will get there. I took the scenic route but got there and you will too hun! :)

Yes me! First I wanted it by last Christmas- and got 2lb away from it and then the yoyoing started. I next wanted it for my sisters wedding in April - didn't happen and was nowhere close to it. Then I wanted it for the end of the summer since I had bought yet another countdown- still hasn't happened!!

Now my aim is to be at target before Christmas (and hopefully prevent the yoyoing again!) I'l be getting another countdown this week since my last has just finished. Realistically that means losing 1lb most weeks (with a few weeks just having to be over it.)

It can and will be done. Just need to keep focused :D

I've had a real battle with the SW graph/website, Its first indication was me being done by my birthday (2 mths ago) so that got me all happy and then I realised it just wasnt feasible. I got so de-focused by the fact it would take ages, that I left class for 2 mths, fortunately only gaining 1.5lbs in that time. I'm happily back in the swing of things again (6 weeks after rejoining) but I find it very difficult to get motivated week in week out. I have a long way to go, even more now I'm about to shift my target down!

I have to remember how much better I look, how much fitter/healthier I feel and that my outlook is more positive as a result of my 2stone off. If 2 stone makes me this much happier, how much better will 4 stone be!?!

I joined a couple of months ago, and have been following the SW tracker on the "my progress" tab of the website. First it said I would achieve my target by January. This then moved to Feb, then the end of March, and now its back to Feb. Ive given up on it a bit, it doesnt really help much when it moves further away lol!

I set my first target but just sailed past without stopping, the second target I at least slowed down but still went past, the third target seems to be the correct one, I hover around it, some weeks loosing, other weeks gaining, been around the 6.5 stone loss for 10 weeks now, I miss going for the awards, slimmer of the week & slimmer of the month.
Can't decide whether to go for the 7 stone! I think your own body tells you when to stop.
Pete

i agree slimming world did the same with my expected date of target. so i downloaded a target weight app, i inputted my weight loss so far per wk and it gives you stats like an average loss of X in X weeks which means will reach target on X. really good and only moved afew days not months and my weight loss ranges from 1-6 per wk. also can set tour own target, and it shows your weight loss in a graphs in specific time intervals over the year x

I'm feeling a bit like that at the moment. I have a more inspiring C than ever, I know I look better and want to acheive more because I know any kind of target is at least 6 months away if not more but just can't seem to get to the right headspace, or I can but I don't stay there. I know what it is, I started having 'treats' after WI but weekly syns aren't working for me, i just continue to use my normal allowance as I can't get thru a weekend on 5 or something! Also time based targets generally are a dreadful idea for me clearly :/

I am totally feeling like that at the minute. I knew I had 2 breaks away in August and that I would be happy if I could maintain. BUT it was after the breaks that I lost the plot. I didn't go last week - worse thing I could of done, i'm just really struggling to keep control. It seems that every time i get to the point where I am half pound off 3 1/2 stone I struggle. I can't seem to get past that. And I really need to, have loads more to lose.

Also I work with some one who started the same week as me and she has lost weight every week and looks amazing. So I feel embarressed that I have not done as well as her. And I am not enjoying my group anymore, while I was away lots of new people have started, but they are not very friendly and one is really *****y. The people who used to go to my group don't seem to go anymore so I don't feel like I have the support that I really need. Also we have a facebook page but i'm the only one who bothers to post in it, even the consultant doesn't update it.

So all in all I need to get over this blip! Hope you can too Liz

I am totally feeling like that at the minute. I knew I had 2 breaks away in August and that I would be happy if I could maintain. BUT it was after the breaks that I lost the plot. I didn't go last week - worse thing I could of done, i'm just really struggling to keep control. It seems that every time i get to the point where I am half pound off 3 1/2 stone I struggle. I can't seem to get past that. And I really need to, have loads more to lose.

Also I work with some one who started the same week as me and she has lost weight every week and looks amazing. So I feel embarressed that I have not done as well as her. And I am not enjoying my group anymore, while I was away lots of new people have started, but they are not very friendly and one is really *****y. The people who used to go to my group don't seem to go anymore so I don't feel like I have the support that I really need. Also we have a facebook page but i'm the only one who bothers to post in it, even the consultant doesn't update it.

So all in all I need to get over this blip! Hope you can too Liz

Try not to compare yourself to others you may get over this blip and she might hit one at a later stage we are all different plus you have lost LOADS going by your stats so I bet you are looking great too!
If you don'tlike your group try a different one? I made the mistake of going to a group for ages before realising it was best that I changed in fact I ended up having a break from sw partly because of it and am now trying to re-lose lbs because of it!

I captured the moment last week after 2 weeks of gaining - enough was enough! My taget date is now 18th december - almost 2 years after joining. I have nearly been there so many times and am hoping that this time I will prove myself wrong. x

Well work has calmed down a bit and it was always at weekends when I was ultra busy that I seemed to lose the plot...................I have got loads of healthy food in and have even started cooking good meals again. It sounds cheesy but if I do it, it will be the best christmas present ever x

Back