• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

is balsamic vinegar free?

jaylou

Gold Member
Balsamic vinegar is free. Balsamic dressing will probably have added oil, hence the syn value.

I think there is a fry light balsamic salad dressing spray which is free though, just to add to the confusion!

Karen

Serial Foodie!
S: 19st7lb C: 18st2lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 49.6 Loss: 1st5lb(6.96%)
i think the above poster is right.

Basic/Non Branded Foods Dressing, Vinegar, all varieties per 100ml

0 Syn on Extra Easy
Original Free
Green Free

this says 'all varieties' but i would make sure you never confuse it with dressing. xxx

cara78

thanks for your quick reply guys! I only discovered balsamic vinegar recently and love it on salads!!! i'm have been gutted if it wasnt free!!! xxx

Mummy_Helen

Silver Member
S: 14st7lb C: 10st12lb G: 10st12lb BMI: 22.4 Loss: 3st9lb(25.12%)
yes the fry light balsamic dressing is free, I love it on salads. but I also use balsamic vinegar a lot in cooking.

I was recently given the most lovely present - a pack of four 100ml bottles of different kinds of balsamic vinegar, from Waitrose.

It has an explanation on the back of how they are made. I didn't know this before, but there is a classification of different grades, based on leaves - two leaves is "round and spirited", three leaves is "smooth and polished" and four leaves is "intensely sweet and sour".

Can't wait to try them all!

hastalavegan

Silver Member
S: 16st8.0lb C: 14st4lb G: 12st0lb Loss: 2st4lb(13.79%)
I was recently given the most lovely present - a pack of four 100ml bottles of different kinds of balsamic vinegar, from Waitrose.

It has an explanation on the back of how they are made. I didn't know this before, but there is a classification of different grades, based on leaves - two leaves is "round and spirited", three leaves is "smooth and polished" and four leaves is "intensely sweet and sour".

Can't wait to try them all!
mmmmm, I'm drooling. I LOVE balsamic vinegar. Whenever I get a chance to go to Whole Foods I always go to their oil and vinegar tasting bits so I can scoff the ancient syrupy balsamic tester they sell for extortionate prices! :D

I agree, some balsamic vinegars can be very expensive. I think that the four-pack I was given costs around £10, which when compared with the cost of the full-sized bottles is pretty good. And it will last me ages.

hastalavegan

Silver Member
S: 16st8.0lb C: 14st4lb G: 12st0lb Loss: 2st4lb(13.79%)
I agree, some balsamic vinegars can be very expensive. I think that the four-pack I was given costs around £10, which when compared with the cost of the full-sized bottles is pretty good. And it will last me ages.
Ooh, that is a good price! Will have to look out for them. I don't mind paying a little bit more for good balsamic vinegar because as you say, it lasts ages and makes everything taste delicious :)

The ones I try at wholefoods are around £20-30 for a tiny bottle though, it's mad. Tasters are free though ;)

S: 21st7lb C: 21st7lb G: 17st12lb BMI: 42 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Where can you get the balsamic fry light from - none of the supermarkets in this area seem to stock it?

ChubLock

Silver Member
S: 16st4lb C: 16st3lb G: 10st4lb BMI: 39 Loss: 0st1lb(0.44%)
I heart Balsamic vinegar. At the county show yesterday I tried all the samples 3 x!

honey74

The Original Honey!!!
S: 12st1lb C: 10st1lb G: 9st13lb BMI: 23.5 Loss: 2st0lb(16.57%)
There is an apple balsamic that is absolutely scrummy. I've seen a few varieties of it in different places but Morrisons has started to stock a variety of it too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Syn Values 1
Syn Values 2
Lipotrim Refeeding 11
Syn Values 7
Slimming World 5