Is diet diluting juice so bad?

broxi

ButtErFly
Struggling with water, just wondering why low cal diluting juice is such a no no.

Hey Broxi,
Think it's to do with it containing citric acid which can throw you out of ketosis. Have you tried the Cambridge water flavourings? They're expensive (about £6 for a tub) but last ages and have definitely kept me from feeling too water logged! Love putting them in sparkling water - feels very decadent! lol

Thanks Thelma, i have tried CD juice and think it's lovely but it is so expensive and just wondering if that was a con or what if it was just similar to stuff you buy in supermarkets.

BTW I've just posted about weight losses - the month you just lost 6lb, were you 100% - I'm just looking for worst case scenario so I don't build my hopes up too much and then get disappointed.

Hi Broxi - the month I lost 6lbs included 2 weeks off on holiday where I wasn't sticking to plan, but wasn't going mad either. Been messing around since then, but have moved to SS+ as of a few days ago to see if that helps get my focus back. Doing not so bad so far, so hoping to see a better loss by the end of Sept.

The flavouring is expensive, I know, but it keeps me drinking, so I grin and bear it - plus it lasts quite a while (probably a couple of months as I don't have it all the time) so doesn't seem so bad for me looking at it that way.

Be interested to hear if someone suggests an alternative though!

Hi Thelma, the same happened to me since my holiday, I've been messing about big time. I'd like to try SS+ but feel if I start eating I won't be able to control it.

I'm still not convinced I will control it, but I kind of think that a) I can't avoid food forever and b) I don't want to! lol The stuff I was messing around with was (mostly!) food that's allowed on SS+ or 810, but I was feeling guilty for having it which is not a good state of mind. So I thought I'd try to make it legitimate food and see if that makes it any easier to deal with. Early days, but going ok so far. I like having food and feeling 'normal' again but I definitely need to watch that I don't get complacent with it.

Good luck with it. I know my attitude is unhealthy but I know me. I think I'll need counselling or something to help me put food in its proper place in my life. I'm not hugely massive or anything but just hugely addicted to food and have been for years- since my teens.
Have you heard of JUDDD - it's eating whatever 1 day and less than 500 cals next- if I can't stick to SS this time I might try that. Anyway, nice chatting, I'm going to collect my son from his work xxx

Thanks Thelma, i have tried CD juice and think it's lovely but it is so expensive and just wondering if that was a con or what if it was just similar to stuff you buy in supermarkets.

It's nice with sparkling water, and isn't as expensive as most people think.

Think it works out something like 33p a Litre (or something). Not bad really.

Of course, if you are comparing it with squash, then it's pricier, but these things take mucho research to get them to work with the diet...and research is costly.

Good luck with it all Broxi - you know where I am if you want to blether. I've gone down the counselling road in tandem with doing CD as I want to sort out my issues with food so that I don't get to the place i'm in again. Tough sometimes, but worth it so far.

Thanks for the rep, btw :) xx

Hi Thelma, the same happened to me since my holiday, I've been messing about big time. I'd like to try SS+ but feel if I start eating I won't be able to control it.

Ahhh, I call that irrational beliefs. I used to have them, and they really mess with the head ;)

Have you done SS+ with 4 shakes? No traditional food, more meals...just for now to pick up your confidence.

Hey thanks KD, you always have such great advice. And I will try the extra CD meal for now. This is end of day 3 and longest I've managed since coming off diet for my hols so here's hoping.

Good night both x

if i feel i need it i will have an extra soup or shake it only happens every so often and it really helps with those food demons

This is end of day 3 and longest I've managed since coming off diet for my hols so here's hoping.
:bliss: :bliss: :bliss: Now just repeat and repeat again. Will get easier very soon!

You can do this Broxi. Just keep remembering what you want and remind yourself that 'trying' to get back on after a 'blip' or whatever, can me much harder than resisting a blip in the first place.

Have your extra shake. Split it if you need to....(I did, all of them :D) Do you ever have bars? Mousse? Anything to make it more interesting?

Back