Is drinking 4-5 litres of water a day okay?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by HelenaHandbasket, 24 July 2008 Social URL.

1. HelenaHandbasket

HelenaHandbasket Full Member

After reading reports of the brain damage suffered by the woman on a detox diet, who was drinking large amounts of water, I just need some reassurance that having 4 to 5 litres of (sparkling) water a day on SS is okay. I appreciate that her circumstances were different, but exactly how much water is too much on SS? Should I cut back to 2 to 3 litres?

Thanks,
    HH

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Wilma

Wilma Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi - the CD book says that we should have at least 2.25 ltrs /4 pints of water in addition to the water used in the shakes. I think that if you want more than that it's fine. Over the last couple of days I have drunk loads more because of the weather. I just make sure I drink the minimum and then listen to my body.
    Deb

4. Boo

Boo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(18.87%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro Points
    Hi,

Even before starting this diet I have always drunk a minimum of 2 litres of water a day anyway (i don't drink tea or coffee). A usually daily amount for me previously was 3 - 4 litres & this i have done for around 4 years. I'm drinking more now between 4 - 5 litres a day & a liitle more if its warm outside.

I don;t think it has done me any harm (was slightly deranged in the first place :D). You need to listen to your body. each person is different.

x

5. MandyB2

MandyB2 Moderator/CD Counsellor

I think the woman in the article suffered a fit due to the low sodium content of her diet combined with more water.
    I feel 4-5 litres is safe so long as our mineral levels are kept up, CD, LL, lipotrim etc all have the recomended healthy levels of minerals.

x

6. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I drank 5-6 litres daily for my 10 weeks on SS I needed it to keep thing moving iykwim, and I was perfectly fine. The trick is to ensure that you spread it out throughout the day and not flood your body with water all at once, that is what is really dangerous as it reduces your electrolite / salt levels down to dangerous levels which is probably what happened to the woman you are talking about.

7. Camille

Camille Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(14.98%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    I drink at least 5 litres a day & I have been fine xx

8. MiniMe*Escaping

MiniMe*Escaping Banned

Diet:
    CD
    My cdc said to have 4 - 6 pints a day only. So i am guessing its about 2-3 litres only. Overdo it and your be bloated, i know this cos in 4 days i had 32 pints of water and my stomach went huge!

9. amethyst

amethyst Banned

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I drink 4-5 litres a day with no probs, aslong as you space it out during the day, you be fine, listen to your body :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.