Is gum knocking me out of ketosis?

I'm on day 6 of my restart of ss and I'm sooo hungry I don't feel I'm in ketosis, have been testing and it's a light pink so there are a small amount of ketones present. The only thing I have done that might effect it is, I have had some chewing gums maybe a packet and a half over the 6 days. Do you think this is what's causing it? It is making this diet extremely difficult

It might be the gum - its really really high in carbs, and because you are chewing your stomach can produce certain acids because it thinks its getting food!

gj2-norton said:
I'm on day 6 of my restart of ss and I'm sooo hungry I don't feel I'm in ketosis, have been testing and it's a light pink so there are a small amount of ketones present. The only thing I have done that might effect it is, I have had some chewing gums maybe a packet and a half over the 6 days. Do you think this is what's causing it? It is making this diet extremely difficult

Just to let you know, there are no levels of ketosis, you're either in it, or your not-so if it's showing pink then you are. But as the others said the gum may not be helping, as if it does take you out each time you have it, you'll have to get back in. Good lu k

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

My consultant told me sugar free gum is 100% fine. It will make you feel more hungry as your tummy will think it's being fed, I started chewing gum as SS tends to give me bad breath which is not nice! As long as you can cope with the hunger pangs then chew away! If not then maybe chew the gums a few times just to get the mint flavour and then spit it out. Make sure it's sugar free! X

Back