could you tell me if soup is free on simply filling if using

e.g
frylight
onions
leeks
stock cubes ?
skimmed milk

also yesterday for mothers day, i had, using simply healthy

homemade leek and potato soup , with homemade multi grain bread stick 25g, 2 pp (for bread)

roast rump of beef (very lean)
carrots
tinned sweetcorn
roast potatoes using frylight,no oil
tiny homemade yorkie (i ate half) made with skimmed milk & egg ,1 pp
gravy 2 pp
new potatoes with skin on

tiny prtn meringnue roulade made using half the sugar i was supposed to, sweetner, low fat greek yoghurt (oh cldnt find 0% one) and fresh strawberries and blackberries 2pp

total weeklies used 7 ?

i got bought a massive box of thorntons choccys but have hidden them from myself :eek:

does this sound ok and wld u say i have pp it properly ? ive done weight watchers pp before but am finding simply healthy alot easier so far

Last edited:
hi again, had lots of views but so far no replies, is there anyone who cld advise about homemade soup and if i am pointing things right, hope someone can :) thank you x

hi again, had lots of views but so far no replies, is there anyone who cld advise about homemade soup and if i am pointing things right, hope someone can :) thank you x

Hi Sammi, just read your post. In my book it says 2 stock cubes count as 1 pp but to be honest if I was making soup with those ingredients I think I would count it as free. How is simply filling going for you, I'm starting it this week as am struggling a bit counting points and feel sf is a more relaxed approach to get me back on track x

hi angel. thank you for reply, very much appreciated :D im finding it pretty easy actually compared with all the faff of counting everything and alot more filling than pp, some days i would end up ravenous on propoints even tho i had used all my points, i think simply filling forces you to choose much more filling foods that are free to eat,

i have taken to eating off a breakfast plate rather than a dinner plate,

im eating much much slower and

drinking alot of water

and i do notice that when i think i may be hungry, im actually not im just thirsty, so a jug of water follows me around hahaha.

ive just had dinner and i was surprised at actually how little food i needed to fill up, i had

one large sausage (homemade so i know what was in it) i only ate half (1pp)
a tin of carrots and half tin of mushy peas
and a tblsp spoon of mash made with skimmed milk , i actually left some of that too !!
gravy 1pp

as im eating slower than normal my stomach has time to shout up to my brain/mouth that im actually full, im trying to also eat the healthier stuff 1st

i have been using my 49 weeklies for everything else, i used 31 this first week and i lost -4lbs

hope you like simply filling, there are alot of foods that are free and if you want a day out or something else you can have a pp day (which i did yesterday ) as i ate a bagel thinking it was free so i switched to pp for the day, if you have a look on my other thread, 'my first WI' you can get an idea of what i have been eating for dinner etc xx

hi angel. thank you for reply, very much appreciated :D im finding it pretty easy actually compared with all the faff of counting everything and alot more filling than pp, some days i would end up ravenous on propoints even tho i had used all my points, i think simply filling forces you to choose much more filling foods that are free to eat,

i have taken to eating off a breakfast plate rather than a dinner plate,

im eating much much slower and

drinking alot of water

and i do notice that when i think i may be hungry, im actually not im just thirsty, so a jug of water follows me around hahaha.

ive just had dinner and i was surprised at actually how little food i needed to fill up, i had

one large sausage (homemade so i know what was in it) i only ate half (1pp)
a tin of carrots and half tin of mushy peas
and a tblsp spoon of mash made with skimmed milk , i actually left some of that too !!
gravy 1pp

as im eating slower than normal my stomach has time to shout up to my brain/mouth that im actually full, im trying to also eat the healthier stuff 1st

i have been using my 49 weeklies for everything else, i used 31 this first week and i lost -4lbs

hope you like simply filling, there are alot of foods that are free and if you want a day out or something else you can have a pp day (which i did yesterday ) as i ate a bagel thinking it was free so i switched to pp for the day, if you have a look on my other thread, 'my first WI' you can get an idea of what i have been eating for dinner etc xx

Thanks Sammi, I will have a look on your other thread for some meal ideas, sounds like you're doing well. Bit confused about bagels as I also thought the weight watchers ones were free and had one for breakfast this morning with some point free home made jam, oh well never mind, hope this works for me as don't feel like I'm dieting at the moment! X

i think the ww are free from what i have read but i had a new york one which aren't and didnt realise until after id eaten it ! on the simply filling days i dont feel like im on a diet either , good luck with it x

Back