Is is possible to do WW with out actually joining?!

ununpentium

Sherlock Holmes
I suppose you could if you knew how many points you were supposed to be on, but you'd need to get some of the WW stuff from ebay for example the booklet where the points of foods are listed.

The leader will weigh you and tell you how many pro points to be on and give you a starter pack with the information in. I think one meeting is about £4.

As linzmain said, you don't need to limit yourself to weight watchers meals, I only have them occasionally as I think they can be high in salt.

If u have an iPhone or Android there is a fab app called value add diary it's about 2 quid and it's fab, has a bar code scanner, calc and other bits. Once u know how many points your on (think there is a thread here or look on web) you could be up and running for 2 quid.

Would say info from meeting and on here are so valuable tho

DONT buy WW food and put the money you save towards going to a class or buying the stuff. If you post your details on here someone can work out your points allowance, then as has already been mentioned download a phone app which allows you to work out the points in food.

Following WW by eating WW products is a very expensive way of following the diet, plus its not the healthiest way to eat. Once you have a calculator you can point any meals you make :)

Very first post so apologies if this is in the wrong spot! I have started to buy the WW ready meals, snacks and desserts because they're low cal but my hubby thinks i need to join the WW meetings in order to do it all properly, I don't want to join a group as i'll have to pay and we don't have a heap of cash (not even a mole hills worth really!) is it possible to just buy the various foods, snacks etc and not go to meetings?

Thanks in advance to all who post <3

Hiya, not sure what area you're from but I'm in Birmingham and I'm on a free 12 weeks voucher scheme for Weight Watchers. It's an NHS initiative and literally anyone can join in Brum by visiting the Doc's. It's called the Lighten up programme here. I believe the NHS offers various free referral schemes around the UK and in some areas people are lucky enough to get more than just 12 weeks so it may be worth a shot. I got to chose from WW, Slimming World or Rosmary Conley and from the time I went in to see the Doctor to enquire I was starting within 2 weeks x x

i have never attended a meeting!!! look at my stats. i have weight watchers food (as well as my own cooking) it is do-able! with the right tools and help. such as this forum, weight watchers community forum and weight watchers books. after a while, it all comes second nature.

there is also a free app (I think) called WWDiary works out PP and scanner & calculates food etc. You dont necessarily need to go to a meeting unles syou want a hard copy which I do find sometime easier to refer to.

I dont but WW food I make my own, its cheaper, healthier & you can put in it what you want. Even the WW biscuits etc are some times misleading as there are shop versions of food usually the same points ie: ww choc caramal wafers £1 in poundland 2pp and Tesco value caramel wafers 49p(I think) 2pp. Just watch out for this.

Also a tip ive recently learnt (only been doing ww since March) is that you dont just double up on pp's as WW dont use 0.5's therefore they round up/down so sometimes something is 1PP however 2 of this item isnt necessariliy 2PP it can be 3PP-this also works the other way by having 2 of something it doesnt always add PP's. Hope that htis makes sense, it is useful to know I think

Good Luck

Hi Everyone, I'm new here and this is my first post! I use the above mentioned app, it's absolutely fab and for anyone who has ever had WW Monthly Pass where you can use the WW app, it's pretty much identical to that! You can work out your pp allowance, set your WI day, add your foods/drinks/exercise as you do them, work out the pp of foods and store them for next time and keep a track on your dailies and weeklies! It really is an excellent app if you want the handiness of WW on the go without the cost of joining! x

I don't go to class but you do need to go to at least one to get the books. If you go on the website they often have vouchers for free joining etc. you can go once, get the calculator and books and not go back. You don't need to eat the ww products to do ww, I don't x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It may be expensive but try ebay for the starter pack. WW is very expensive hence the reason why I stopped going. I think its £6.25 per class without access to their website and the stuff in class is expensive too.

I am a bit of a bargain hunter and refuse to pay full price for anything! Heres how i have done it on a budget...

I have been monitoring eBay for Starter Kits, most go for £15-20 if they finish in the evening when most people are at home to bid however I managed to get one late yesterday afternoon for £9.45 delivered! I looked back on Completed Listings and that's the cheapest one has sold for, Whoop Whoop!

WW have 25% off their Basic Starter Kit at the moment, you get the 2013 Eat Out Guide, Shop Guide and Journal for £14.70 delivered.

Asda have a home sale on at the moment so i got an all singing all dancing set of scales for £10 instead of £20, i could of weighed at Boots but at 50p a time plus travel cost to get there it didn't seem worth it!

So it's cost me just under £35 to set myself up on WW for 2013 but if I'm honest I would of spent that on a meal out or takeaway so money well spent in my opinion!

I got ******* deal for 3 months. Think I will probably join properly once it runs out as its working so well. Dont miss a class and lots of information found here

I think it ispossible to do WW from home.

I personally am going to meetings now, but I started off from home and was doing alright.
I also don't think you need the books. They're very helpful, but I hardly use mine.
I have the free ww calculator app so anything I pick up, I just type the info into the app, adjust the portion size and it tells me the points. Then I decide whether it's worth it

Also, I eat at least 1 ready meal a day, and have so far lost 12.5lbs in 4 weeks. So although some people feel they're unhealthy, they're working for me. And I find them very filling and very tasty.
I also find it easier for me as I'm not much of a cook and I'm an impatient cook at that, that I don't want to spend 6 hours cooking something I'm going to eat in 6 minutes.
And I refuse to buy meals that cost more than £1. Iceland have the meals & desserts 3 for £3, and I also have a local freezer shop that do the meals for £1 each and desserts for 3 for £3. There's no need for it to cost a fortune, and I actually think it's costing me less to eat WW style than it was before.
But I do agree that some of the supermarket branded meals (Tesco's Lighter Choices & Morrisons NuMe - both of which have points on their packaging) can be nice, but I don't think they are as nice as the WW meals.

But that's just my opinion.
Everyone seemed to be anti meals, and I understand their reasons, but just wanted to put in a different point of view =)

Good luck with your weight loss journey.

Yes I get my WW meals from Iceland too! I especially love the cottage pie and the chocolate brownie.

I really like the tagliatelle bolognese, the beef ravioli, chicken hotpot and tomato & basil chicken. But I don't think Iceland do the last 2. I get them from Heron Foods - my local freezer shop.

I don't like chocolate, so have never tried the brownie. I do like the caramel crunch, the sticky toffee cheesecake (although you have to leave them out of the freezer for a while before you eat them though because they are solid! Almost bent a few spoons trying to eat them straight out of the freezer haha) and the strawberry meringues. I also like the little toffee/vanilla and strawberry/vanilla whirl ice creams for just 2 points each.

And walls mini twisters are just 1pp each. A brilliant snack on a warm day and morrisons have currently got a box of 8 for just 94p.

I don't think my local Iceland do half that stuff, ours is small too. Though I bought the Iceland own version of Mini Milks (they are called Milk Lollies in Iceland) and they are only 2pp each and absolutely gorgeous :)

I don't think my local Iceland do half that stuff, ours is small too. Though I bought the Iceland own version of Mini Milks (they are called Milk Lollies in Iceland) and they are only 2pp each and absolutely gorgeous :)

I think our Iceland is the same, they definitely don't do any frozen WW Puddings, shame as some of them sound delicious LOL! X

WarcraftingMum said:
Thank you all who have replied!

Starlight- I'm shocked that WW products are unhealthy! You'd think that for a company who's main aim is to help people loose weight that their products would be bad! lol, Did find a sticky post asking how many points I should be on and have posted my particulars!

rharbord- Have found the app and now just need the memory space to download it!!

There was a TV programme recently about how bad the actual WW products are in terms of nutrition, certainly put me off buying them, and they're also very expensive compared to supermarket "healthier" brands. I CC myself but have bought WW products in the past, and that programme was certainly an eye opener, lol. :) xx

There was a TV programme recently about how bad the actual WW products are in terms of nutrition, certainly put me off buying them, and they're also very expensive compared to supermarket "healthier" brands. I CC myself but have bought WW products in the past, and that programme was certainly an eye opener, lol. :) xx

I have tried to watch that program again via You Tube/ 4od but it appears to just have vanished into thin air, I wonder if the WW powers had something to do with that ;-) All I could find was their video response to the program! X

I didn't see that programme, but even if I had, I doubt it would put me off my food. Most foods have some sort of dodgy background before being shipped to the supermarkets. If we saw all that and were put off, we would never eat anything ever again. I have no problem with where my food comes from. I know it's crap, I accept that, but I enjoy it and that's all that matters in my opinion. I'm losing the weight, which is what I want, so I don't have a problem with it.
It's like the horse meat in the beef mince. Everyone enjoyed it until they found out it was horse.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

But just my opinion again =)

Back