is it bad ...

Discussion in 'Low Carb Diets' started by Dancing, 19 May 2008 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

that I've had 3 Atkins breakfast bars today? 2g net carbs each so it can't be too bad. A bad habit to get into though - falling back on "junk" food but I was enjoying the chocolate on it and decided to eat another one to have a bit more:eek:.

Weigh in tomorrow.... as long as the scales haven't gone up. Really hope they have gone down. Then one more week to assess the situation. If I don't lose 5lbs in week 3 I'll consider trying CD again.
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Prettyfacebut?

Prettyfacebut? ...body-has-caught-up!!!!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Hey you:)

I don't think the bars are too's more about a possible habit forming?

In my prep-week before starting CD I used atking type foods and used the bars as it was the only sweet thing I could find that was low carb....I still lost 10lbs!

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow:innocent0001:

4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    The bars are a bit 'dodgy' though aren't they? I thought you weren't allowed them during induction (can't remember if you are doing induction at this point though:eek:)

I know they say you can have them (well...they used to anyway), but doesn't general opinion amongst Atkiners say otherwise?

When I did Atkins, it was no bars during induction and then just as a treat if necessary. Watch for a stall etc. Rather like the rules of CD. Of course, it may have all changed, but worth checking up I reckon.
  5. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

these bars are apparently okay for any stage (some are not for induction). They aren't listed in the book as being ok but on the website that sells them it says they are ok and I thought that as they were 2g net carbs they must be ok.

To be honest, I believe there is no movement on the scales for me this week anyway...... BUT I have had a bar a day this week!!!! Oh man... back to basics then next week.
  6. KD

KD Gone fishing

Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    I think that when Dr Atkins was alive he didn't approve of bars during induction, but when he died, the manufacturers did a real push on them. Something about some of the ingredients not being allowed during induction or something.

I've also heard of people stalling with them. Annoying I know...and always the way. People never seem to stall on the things we don't like :rolleyes:

I guess the scales will tell you what's what, but if you can bear it, if the scales don't talk nicely to you, might it be worth cutting the bars?
  7. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Ah, that makes sense. Well I'll go with what Dr Atkins says and stick strictly to the book from now on. I'm gutted that the fact scales haven't really moved may be due to the me having the bars!

Thanks KD!! A good loss will happen next week - best to avoid them if any doubt. I would not be happy if my weight had stalled next week too! THANKS!
  8. sun

sun Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    morning hun!

any movement on scales xx
  9. Shazpaz

Shazpaz Regular Member

South Beach
    I've had the bars this week and I'm not sure if the scales have moved. I have a cereal bar for BF and a chocolate bar during the day as a snack, only three carbs in total so thought they'd be ok. I'll see what happens come Thursday. I think I may get them in for if I'm out and need something quick rather then planning meals round them. Oh well off to make scrambled eggs.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.