Is it easy?

Mercury

Hi all, I was thinking of giving this diet a go but was wondering if it was easy to follow, info will be greatly appreciated ::sign0009::

Hi, my story so far is that since starting 3 weeks ago I've lost 5 lbs after 6 days on attack, 3 lbs the following week and 2 this week. Happy days. I've 1.5 stone to go. I can honestly tell you that after years of trying and failing at so many diets this is the one that suits me best. Never hungry, no weighing, measuring (except oatbran), no cravings for certain foods. I was a carbaholic and can tell you that have not craved carbs once since starting. I not only feel physically fantastic with loads more energy but also feel mentally on top of the world. For me the no guilt attached to being able to eat unlimited amounts of food (protein and on p&v days veg is so liberating. Give it a go, you'll be glad you did :)

Hi all, I was thinking of giving this diet a go but was wondering if it was easy to follow, info will be greatly appreciated ::sign0009::

YES!

But: this is a question in the vein of "how long is a piece of string". It depends on YOU. Read more aroudn these forums, see what people say, what they struggle with, what you might struggle with. there are plenty of threads about the pros and cons, plenty of other web sites.

Personally I found it dead easy - and I had never really dieted before.

Pros: no counting, no weighing, one list of rules, one list of ingredients. Stick to that and losses will follow. No recourse to 'diet foods' - stick to real unprocessed foods and re-educate yourself to a better nutrition.

Cons: can be perceived as restrictive, you need to be a bit organised and creative in the cooking department (which is a good thing really!). No fruit, no alcohol, no bread, no pasta.
No cheating or re-gains can be dramatic.

There is a lengthy third phase that MUST BE FOLLOWED once you reach your target weight.

Anyway, other people might have more to add.

Last edited:
It is either easy or hard depending on how motivated ( read "desperate") you are.

I am pretty motivated (desperate) so ....
I would say:
certain days are easy, other days are hard... but if you keep your eyes on the goal ....some choices are easy to be made.

I would say if it suits you then it is easy but everyone is different. I have had some tough days with Dukan but no more so than with any other diet and I have done a few. Best thing is to give it a try and see for yourself!! You do need to be organised and plan ahead but other than that...................... Good luck

It is easy to follow, but it can take a toll on you mentally (especially if you have severe cravings for things you cannot have!) and physically (lack of stimulant foods may make you feel really tired). But the dramatic weight loss is definitely a great motivator to keep going during those initial days.

My advice is to get prepared. Make sure you have all the food you need ready, know exactly what you can and can't eat, and know what you'll grab if you get a sudden pang of hunger, because I found in the attack phase, one minute I was fine, then the next ravenously hungry!

Nothing worth doing is easy :D.

Saying that I'm only on Day 2 but I don't have any cravings for anything, went to the shop earlier to get a Snickers for my builder, wasn't even tempted, didn't even look at the chocolate except to pick up his Snickers. My big problems are chocolate, butter and cheese, two out of three are off the menu at all for a whole year and I feel really good about it.

Sometimes its other people that help to make the diet fail. Everyone will have there opinion on your "fad" diet so I've made a point of only telling close friends that will support me.

Sometimes its other people that help to make the diet fail. Everyone will have there opinion on your "fad" diet so I've made a point of only telling close friends that will support me.

Yes, that might happen.
I have coworkers that kept trying to make me taste " just a little bit " of this or that.
And everyone has an opinion.
I had an obese coworker who told me that I will get sick.... that's "support"! She was eating a lot of pasta, pastry, nuts, chocolate ( just like me at that time, by the way...)
I was obese too at that time so it was hard because I was trying to explain people the diet but they did not believe it would work.
Now they do.

Yes, that might happen.
I have coworkers that kept trying to make me taste " just a little bit " of this or that.
And everyone has an opinion.
I had an obese coworker who told me that I will get sick.... that's "support"! She was eating a lot of pasta, pastry, nuts, chocolate ( just like me at that time, by the way...)
I was obese too at that time so it was hard because I was trying to explain people the diet but they did not believe it would work.
Now they do.

I can see that if they don't understand it and haven't read about it they will have concerns.

Sometimes I think its because peopeel are jealous that you are doing something about your weight and they just aren't in that place. A girl sits next to me at work and she is much bigger than me and doesn't even talk about dieting, she just accepts it but when I am she ipcks it to pieces. She's lovely really!

The thing about Dukan is yes it starts off a very strict low carb diet (thankfully without the fat of Atkins - fat without carbs is not a pleasant thing IMO) but over time "normal" food is reintroduced and weight is maintained.

For example I'm a real cheese addict, live alone and can polish off 300g of cheddar a week easy. The thought of no cheese until at least mid August doesn't faze me at all, its amazing really and long may it continue.

300g a week ??? i could polish that off in a day with toast LOL

ellie1969 said:
300g a week ??? i could polish that off in a day with toast LOL

I'd honestly have suggested a good half hour....absolute cheese addict. I used to have shares in a creamery :) hahahah x

you guys could not have said it better.

I found when I told my one girlfriend (that believes in Dr. Bernstein's diet plan) she was adamant on proving that this way of eating was unhealthy. I found myself emailing her links after links and clips of Dr. Oz etc on why this diet is great.

I finally gave up and let the results do the talking. Granted I have fallen off here and there - the results (WHEN YOU DO THIS THE RIGHT WAY) are incredible! She started to realize that this is a great way of life!

And about the cheese - give me a log of goat cheese and some toast points or bread and I AM IN HEAVENNNNNNNNNNNN!
:character00115:

Talking about all things cheese related....any one tried the Dukan Cheddar cheese flavoring??? Or where can I buy ff cheddar????

sididd said:
Talking about all things cheese related....any one tried the Dukan Cheddar cheese flavoring??? Or where can I buy ff cheddar????

I'm all over that! Didn't realise they had a cheddar flavouring! I miss cheese that melts-cottage cheese on a "pizza" wasn't the same!

Ohhhhh how much are we allowed

trudy tried the cheddar cheese flavouring and said it was horrible lol

lol anything that says cheese flavored sounds like it might be!!

Back