Is It For Me..?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by littlelindy, 1 March 2009 Social URL.

1. littlelindy

littlelindy Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(11.69%)
    I am considering doing CD if i cant start losing this weight in the next few weeks but got a few questions..

Does it matter what size you are..?

Does it work for everyone..?

Is it the bigger you are the more weight you lose to begin..?

ave read that some people are losing around 9lb in a week, whats the average weekly weight loss?

sorry for all the questions lol!

xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lostris

Lostris Serena's title didn't fit

Start Weight:
    111kg
    Current Weight:
    100.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    75kg
    Lost(%):
    10.7kg(9.64%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hiya

Doesn't matter what size you are but depending on BMI you may not be able to do Soul Source (BMI25+1 stone needed to be allowed to do SS).

Usually bigger people tend to lose some more weight, because they have more water weight on them too etc!

I think the average loss on SS is about 1 stone a a month, not sure about the losses on the other plans.

The diet does work for everyone but you have to have the right mindset for it. It's a very drastic diet, no other food etc and some people find it's not their cup of tea and food-including diets are better for them!

Good luck!

4. littlelindy

littlelindy Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(11.69%)
    Thanks for replying.. what is soul source..?

my BMI is 28.2

xx

5. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Sole Source is when you just have packs plus water, no food. With a BMI of 28.2 you would be allowed to do SS.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

6. littlelindy

littlelindy Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(11.69%)

WOW.. you look fantastic..!! well done on your weight loss.. can i ask if you had to work hard at the gym to tone up..?

xx

7. Lucky~Star

Lucky~Star Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey littlelindy!

By the looks of it you have very close stats to me. I'm 5ft3 and my start weight was 11st6 (160lbs). As long as you're 10st 10 or over (so you'll be BMI 25 + 1st) then you'll be allowed to do SS.

The general rule is that the heavier you are the faster you will lose as your body has to work harder to keep operating and therefore you are burning more calories just to operate everyday. But that isn't a hard and fast rule. A heavy person can have a slow metabolism, just as a lighter person can have a fast metabolism.

I lost 8lbs in my first week and although it's not official til tomorrow when I see my CDC it looks like i've lost another 7lbs this week. This is actually faster than I had imagined and I wouldn't be surprised if I only lost 1 or 2lb next week or even STS. The diet is good but it doesn't perform miracles!

8. caroline4013

caroline4013 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Porgeous you look absolutely amazing! I'd love to look like you in those jeans!!!

9. Serena A

Serena A Can't think of a title

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(40.38%)
    Diet:
    Maintaining, was on CD
    Great attitude - really nice to see amongst all the "feel like giving up even though I've lost 1st in 3 days but STS on day 4" kind of threads :)

xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.