Is it harder to lose less weight sometimes?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by bugsbunny2000, 20 August 2011 Social URL.

1. bugsbunny2000

bugsbunny2000 Proud to be a LOSER :)

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(15.51%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi,

This is a thread for those of us with less to lose. I think people who are losing between 40-80lbs is AMAZING!

But even though I only have 19lbs to lose... I still feel like I have a long way to go.

Maybe it's because I've put myself under pressure to lose it by November? It just still feels alot.

Anyone else feel like this with less than 30lb to lose??

xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
    Calorie counting/low carb(following SW principles where possible)
    If you look in the SW teams sub forum, I'm sure there is a similar thread on the go all ready :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

4. JaneB

JaneB getting there slowly

Start Weight:
    19st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(16.27%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Have alook at what weight you are and look for anyone who has a similar weight in the sw team sub forum who you may like to talk to in that group. x

5. kerryathome

kerryathome Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(22.28%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    hiya,

I've lost 23lb and have 12 left to go so know what you mean, and it can get a bit disheartening when you have 1 and 1.5lb losses when others have 3 and 4 lb.

I kind of look at others and think 'well I'm not so bad' and when others say 'ooh you look really good but you don't need to lose much more' I then think that gives me carte blanche to cheat a bit which obviously makes it more difficult to lose weight but from a hard evidence base I'm not sure.
    x

6. ashton.x

ashton.x Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(15.31%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have more than 30lbs to lose and would love to be skinny by tomorrow so yes I understand haha just let ur body do the work dont think about it too much youll be surprised.
    I worry alot thinking god This will take forever but a matter of fact it wont really.

Good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

7. bugsbunny2000

bugsbunny2000 Proud to be a LOSER :)

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(15.51%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks guys. It wasn't so much a "i have so much to lose and not losing it" post... more a thought on smaller weight losses.

I don't mind only losing a few lbs a week... because I know that for my body, I shouldn't lose too much at once or it'll all go back on twice as quick lol!

But I've noticed people who have perhaps 6 stones to lose can tick off those stones and it's a massive achievement... whereas I have made mini goals instead. So I can also tick off small achievements :)

xxx

ps. ashton, i came across your before/during pics earlier and you look amazing :) well done, you're fab :D

8. ashton.x

ashton.x Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(15.31%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Aw thankyou! Im glad others are noticing the change it makes me feel so much better already!x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.